.......................>>>>

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, La, they are still around - everywhere. Just try one of them. I recently wrote to my senator about a subject dear to everyone's heart (and pocketbook) and all I got back was a "read my home page and thanks for writing" - never touched on my subject at all. Surely they had a stock answer for my subject - not. I won't bother again - Have only done this maybe 3 times in my life - same every single time. Turns one off to future participation.

This is rampant from Washington to local level. I have worked in local level and we were terrible workers. More conversation amongst workers than action. Getting anything done is nigh to impossible.

Go figure.

Just a suggestion. . .

Just a suggestion. . .

LA - My wife works for the Federal Government (if I told you where, they would have to kill both of us. . . LOL) and she always tells people who have problems with governmental agencies to write directly to their Congressman. Thc Congressmen have staff assistants, as we well know, but they usually take things seriously. The best part is that the governmant takes them seriously, too. When any government agency gets a letter from a Congressman, they MUST evaluate the problem and reply to the Congressman and his constituent.

Why not give it a try?

Senate staff assistants are very good so I have to agree on this one - they run interference for the Congressman when action is needed and get the job done. Congressmen like to keep their constituents happy in areas where personal help is needed. And they usually have a staff office in many vicinities and all you gotta do is find one. Might be one in your local area - we have two in our little town.

My congressman

My congressman

After having 4 open heart surgeries, one lung surgery, CHF and pulmonary hypertension SS still denide me disability benefits. All they ever told me was to reapply. So after reappying 4 times and being turned down 4 times I got a hold of my local congressman. I applied one more time and within one week I got the phone call from SS to see their doctor. I went that next week and my benefits were finally approved. I know it was because my congressman was involved. I thought you guys might want to hear a happy ending for once. eggy

Peg - once was acquainted with a senator's aide who ran her (the senator's) office in the state while she was doing business in Washington. This assistant told me the senators and reps get right on the SS situation because it looks bad if they don't. Most of the local complaints came from SS issues. Nice to know that when you can't reach your senator, and you can't, there is someone else standing in who will get your job done.

Wish it were the same for all gov't agencies, but isn't.

Latest posts

Back