33 Years and Counting!!!!!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well today is the big day!

Congratulations on 33 years of ticking and clicking Joann!

I'm sure it's been a real adventure for the both of you. I think you should write a book or instruction manual for us relative newbies. Between you, RCB and a few others, there is a heck of a lot of experience in here.

Dear Joanne (and John),
It is so inspiring that you have done so well for such a long time. I thought I was doing great at 24 years and it's nice to know that we can all hope to expect many, many more years.
Your surgery date was interesting to me because I realized that, as you were having your surgery, I was getting married (12/10/71). Unfortunately (or maybe not) my marriage didn't last - I am happy your valve did. I am now with my SO for 16 years so all worked out for the best.
Let's hear it for Ohio !!! Maybe the good fortune is in the water?
I hope you have a wonderful holiday season, an even better time in the warm Florida sunshine and at least 33 more years.
Smiles, :)
Gina

I've had the water in Ohio, Gina, and it isn't that wonderful. The greatness must be in the people.

You two are a great inspiration and consolation to so many people here. I wish you a winter of achievement and satisfaction.

Best wishes,

Amazing!

Amazing!

Congratulations Joann! I wish you many more years with this valve! By the way, did you have any celebration? For most people being born again is much harder than the first time, I think. I wish you and all your family a very merry Christmas and all the best for the coming year.
Débora

Dear John and Joann

I had the privilege of meeting you both at the 2002 reunion,

It was a joy too hear your story, you are an inspiration to us all,

Have a wonderful vacation

Love too you both

Jan

Your story touched my heart..

Happiest of Holidays.. with much love, joy and peace.

Blessings,
bobbie
(mom of Janine- MVR 6-7-04)

John and Joanne,

You are truly an inspiration. It is wonderful to know that life, and quality of life at that, can proceed for that long after valve surgeries....not to mention all the other issues.

And now off you go to help others!

Thank you seems inadequate, but the only appropriate phrase I can think of. So, THANK YOU, for sharing and being there.

Be safe and have a joyous holiday season.

John and Joann - It was great to meet you at the Las Vagas reunion. Joann looked fantastic and I enjoyed your stories back then and your post above. My father-in-law lives in Port Charlotte, but seemed to make it through the hurricane pretty well.

Back