3 days Post Surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwsp768

Well they released me today, 3 days after the surgery. Woke up in ICU about 3 hours after they were done. I feel like the whole 3rd Armour Division ran over me, man I didn't know I had some of these muscles. Got my shirt that says I walked out of ICU, and got a ON-X valve. Nurses kept saying they couldn't even hear it, so I hope its a keeper. Well think I will go lay down and let the pain killers work.

Welcome home. Wow- 3 days after surgery, what a good job. I hope things continue to go well. Don't play superman now and blow the good start. Take things slowly. Breathe, walk, rest, repeat.
Take care.

Wow

Wow

Can't believe you are out after 3 days. I second the motion that you don't over do. You will feel it later. Just follow all of your postop instr day by day and don't forget the incentive spirometer.
Take care and keep us posted.
Joanne :)

Welcome home!!!! Lucky you, I didn't get a sihirt until I graduated from rehab... I would have liked one that said "Be nice to me, I just had my chest sawn open" or something like that :D

Hope you recovery goes smoothly - don't overdo it, your body will let you know in no uncertain terms.

Cris

Way to go! Sounds like you are ahead of the curve so far. Maybe it was only a minivan that clipped you instead of the full-size mack truck that nailed so many of us.

Keep it up.

Randy

Randy & Robyn said:
Way to go! Sounds like you are ahead of the curve so far. Maybe it was only a minivan that clipped you instead of the full-size mack truck that nailed so many of us.

Keep it up.

Randy
No Randy, the 3rd Armour Division got him!

Now does anyone think I was kidding when I said the first surgery feels like you got run over by this:

153-PP1283-1a.jpg

And the Second surgery feels more like this:

bomag_b.jpg

MASSAGE is the answer to Muscle Pain ! :)

I found that MASSAGE worked FASTER and BETTER than pain pills for releiving those over-stretched muscles. My S.O. used one of those vibrating disk massagers and would just follow the muscle along it's total length or go to the spots I asked her to massage.

And yes, keep up the Breathing Exercises. I was told to do them for 10 minutes every 2 hours to help re-inflate the lungs and prevent Pneumonia from setting in.

'AL Capshaw'

I never even knew there were Tshirts!!!!! And I agree we were run over by the complete infantry and then scooped up by a huge snow plow!!! Rose

I want a Tee shirt. I got a pillow but no shirt. There is a Heart Walk in Baltimore this coming Sat. I bet they have shirts.
When I had visitors after the surgery I told them that the doc took in out on the road and had 3 dump trucks run over me several times. As I felt better I described it by how many and what kind of trucks had run over me. I knew I was better when it was a pickup.
Joanne

tobagotwo said:
There were shirts? I never got a shirt...
Yep, I got one when I graduated from rehab. Name of hospital etc on back & on front-left chest is a heart with graduate's cap. I treasure it greatly.

I think this is really the truck that wanders around the world crashing into people:

You got Rehab? I never got Rehab.......I got a Bear!!! Sir Koffsalot! I was supposed to hug him when I had to cough...BS!!! I tried it but he wasn't doing his job. After they had taken off the bandages...I had a slight bit of bleeding...thru the gown, onto the poor bears little "T" shirt....It wasn't a pretty site. That was the exact same truck that ran over me!!! but I think mine was full in the back.Is that one full? :cool: :cool:

Glad to hear there are favours at this party!

Glad to hear there are favours at this party!

I was beginning to worry it was just one big climb...now that I know there are t-shirts, stuffed animals and big trucks it sounds a lot more FUN!

Kristi
mr

Oh and Congrats on your quick discharge!

Oh and Congrats on your quick discharge!

I think being at home is the best!

Kristi
mr

Got lots of gifts and cards after the surgery but I would have rather had them for my original birthday. I do consider August 15th my new birthday. Without the surgery the number of birthdays would have been limited.
I still have 2 weeks until I have to start my new job. Lots of big adjustments. Today I am babysitting my 5 year old granddaughter. I am so glad to be able to spend the day with her and have the engery to do things with her.
That is better than a Tee shirt!
Joanne

Glad to see you are out of the hosiptal

Glad to see you are out of the hosiptal

I am two weeks and 3 days post OP.
Please take your time with everything.
Breathing exercise is very very important.
... this helps avoid lung issues.

Start walking as soon as you can.
The more you walk the better you will feel.
Avoid sick folks if you can as your immune system is weak.
- kids, schools, day care facilities, major stores? ect.
You may want to consider a multi-vitamin with .. Folic acid and ?C?

Ay.. Yes.. Lets not forget being regular?. The more you move / walk
The more other parts of your body will get a chance to move?.
This is a good thing.

Anyhow... welcom back..
Keep getter stronger each day! :)

Welcome home. Eat, sleep, walk and breath - no Superman stunts.

What about a t-shirt that says:

Someone cracked open my chest, played around with my heart and all I got was this lousy t-shirt (and a new lease on life)!

Back