3.97 what to do?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you saying that your taking 3mg everyday to get that 3.9? Can you post your dosages and test results over the last 4 weeks?

Just a thought

Just a thought

Sometimes, when I become confused about a topic, I do a search to gather more information.

May I suggest that you check this site...www.warfinfo.com for valuable information. Al Lodwick, the owner of that site is a recognized expert on anticoagulation. For many years he directed a large anticoagulation clinic in Colorado. He is also is a member of this site.

Regards,
Blanche

hi.On 10th of oct my inr was 3.79 instead 4mg i started using 3mg for entire month of oct. i tested pt on 11th nov now it is 3.97. i started eating salads. Should i change my dose ?

Neither the 3.79 or 3.97 should pose any problem.....but if I understand your post, you reduced your dose from 4mg to 3mg (a 25% reduction) for a month and your INR went UP ? My first reaction is that one of these tests was incorrect. I would wait a week, test again and begin to make small dosage changes and/or add some "greens" as needed. FWIW, readings to two decimal points, 3.79 or 3.97 are silly. This stuff is not that accurate. Round your readings to 3.8 or 4.0.

hi ,ross in my previous thread datedsep 24th Advise my INR dose... I told my inr story u advised me this "If it does continue to drop, increase the dose by 10% for the week. If your taking 21mg a week, take it up to 23mg a week". (u can check my threads) Exactly i did same thing .That month it went upto 3.79. last month i was using only 3mg per day . I thought my inr will be around 2.8-3.2 but surprisingly it went up to 3.97. Anti Coagcheck is available in India but it is made suitable to US wheather .Under temp it is giving errors.So I have to take monthly once in Hospital.Now every month around 10th iam going for the test.I consulted my surgeon he advised 2mg /3 mg alternate days. SRINIVAS

The 2mg/3mg deal sounds good to me too. I envy you being able to get away with such a small dose. I have to take 42.5mg a week to stay in range. ;)

Latest posts

Back