3.5 months post op and a bunch of questions

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, if you were to look closely (and I don't recommend THAT), I have a bunch of scars -- the 4-inch sternal incision, the 2-inch pacemaker incision on left pec, 3 surgical drains and 2 hernias, along with the pacemaker bump. I guess I look like a target practice dummy. But I AM still upright on the right side of the grass!

Dick - isn't the 'Y' incision the one they typically use to perform an autopsy? Could get lots of mileage from that one at Halloween time. . .

Pellicle - I guess when it comes to modeling, we might be competitors. In a past life (about 30+ years ago) I was the photo model for a sports uniform catalog for my employer. I got to model baseball pants -- because I was the only guy in the office that day who was the same size as the sample pants they had for the catalog.

I already had an 8 inch scar from a 10 lb baby boy, then I got a 10 inch scar from an 11 lb 3 oz baby girl. Got an appendix scar at 11 years old. I figure what is one more 10 inch scar to keep me alive. No worries here. Badge of life I say.

I never stopped wearing my v neck tops and blouses and strapless dresses. Freshly new after my surgery was middle of winter cold in New England so I was covered when the scar was fresh and at it's reddest but we went to a warm weather resort a few months later and I wore swimsuits and low tops and anyone that didn't want to look, didn't have to. I was/am grateful for that scar. It saved my life.

epstns;544311 Dick - isn't the 'Y' incision the one they typically use to perform an autopsy? .[/QUOTE said:
I did not know that.......but that might explain why young doctors jump back when I take off my shirt......they must think I should be lying down....not standing upright LOL.

I'm 2.5 months post op also, and I've decided my scar makes me look like I have cleavage. Cleavage! I've always wanted cleavage.

But seriously, I have a friend who had this surgery two years ago, and her scar is just a faint white line you don't see unless she points it out to you. I'm hoping mine ends up like that, but in the meantime I'm not doing much to cover it up except when I go out in the sun.

As far as full recovery, my cardiologist and my surgeon kept saying things like "you won't believe how great you're going to feel by Christmastime." I feel really good now, and the prospect of feeling even better delights me greatly.

Kim- lol... good one.
Jkm7-hmmm true that but its just that i do not like people giving me that stare. I was at the beach last week and did not feel like pulling off my t shirt and my friends where like its the first time we see you not getting off your t, cause i love to be shirtless. :p

dick- A Y section. You are like the SURVIVOR. You were operated when OHS was a super big thing. Trust me i respect you for that, you really have pulled yourself super strong.

Heather Anne- Lol.. the cleavage is good for you, but being a guy it looks so weird having this red line that is so clearly visible. The weirder part is the way people look at you.!!! Grr..!

Back