2nd time around - a charm?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esvaja

WELL,

Pericardial effusion was my problem about a week ago. I ended up in the hospital after seeing my primary & having a chest & abdominal x-rays because of symptoms. Next they got me in the same day for an heart echo & saw the fluid. Went right to the cath lab where they drained it - 1 liter of fluid. No wonder I felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest, I was nauseous& found it very hard to breath or move around.
I spent 1 more day on the hospital than after the AVR - 6 days. One of the nurses didn't know how to operate my "drain" & I ended up back @ square 1 for her 12 hour shift. Thank God the next nurse who also didn't understand the thing went & got help. I went for over 12 hours with my pericardium filling back up. Even the Dr's were confused why my symptoms were back.
Anyway I got out of the looney bin Mon night & I'm feeling a bit better every day. The concensus is right - about 4-5 weeks til you feel like you've turned the corner.
take care y'all Daiva

Daiva,

This re-admission thing is getting to be a habit that we'll have to break. I'm glad you got the help and care you needed to get things back under control. You were probably as scared as I was when they brought you back in with all the visions of terrible things going through your head.

Welcome back to the path to recovery. It DOES get better.

Latest posts

Back