2nd degree SA Block (mobitz 1) questions

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

char2mar

Hi

Haven't posted in awhile. I have been on vaction for the last 3 weeks. Two weeks ago I went up to Edmonton to visit my brother who is doing quite poorly health wise. He has cystic firbrois and his pancreas is basically pooched. The ducts are completely blocked by mucus. He had 4 shunts put in but is still not able to digest food properly. He is 6 ' tall and his weight has dropped down to 130 lbs. He looked like hell. Like he was starving to death. (Which apparently he is...cause he can't keep any food down and they don't know if tube feeding will slove the problem either.) I also saw my older sister while there and she also has CF. Between the two of them they can brew up some pretty nasty lung infections. About 4 days after my visit I started to come down with a cold which quickly progressed into double pnemonia. Both the left and right lobes were infected. My doctor put me on a really strong antibiotic which I have been taking for the past 5 days, however I still felt like crap this morning so I went back to the doctor's office for a recheck. I was concered about getting pericarditis again because I am experiencing sharp chest pain again, especially when I take a deep breath in. The doctor did a stat chest x-ray and EKG. Good news is that the chest infection is clearing up, but she got pretty excited about my EKG. The EKG showed that along with LVH I now have 2nd degree SA Block (Mobitz 1). She said she was going to fax the EKG to my cardiologist. My question is: Does anyone else out there have a conduction problem like this? Is it related to my BAV or to my AI and dilated ascending aorta? I asked her what these new findings meant to me. She said that it could progress into a complete AV block and that I may need a pacemaker in the future. (Another wait and see what happens thing). Basically I was wondering if anyone out there has all of these problems and what kind of treatment if any are you receiving?

Char

Latest posts

Back