18yr old son needs valve replacement-HELP

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dr.Tortolani

Dr.Tortolani

Yes, Matt...it was this Dr. that worked on my father at North Shore Hospital. Strange- totally forgot about him.Scott's been very very tired- is this normal? He has 2.5 wks of college left and he doesn't think he has the strength to finish. Told him to finish a couple and forget the rest. He just can't do too much. Again, please IM him at blastofawe. He needs feedback, support, and a friend most of all whose "been there" Thanks again.

I know that any university would most likely be willing to give Scott additional time to finish his work if they knew of his situation. I'd hate to see hard work go down the tubes because of his fatigue. Another thing to pursue is a medical drop of some of his classes, or the whole semester if he is not happy with his grades for the semester. Unfortunately you will not get a tuition refund, but the grades will not affect his GPA if he gets a medical drop. Our best friends' daughter had a horrible semester due to her diabetis and issues with it that went undiagnosed until after the semester was over. The university allowed her to do a medical drop after the fact so that her grades from that semester wouldn't affect her GPA.

Just a few things to keep in mind as far as his schooling.

Best wishes!

Karlynn

Karlynn

Yes, tomo I am calling the Dean of Students. He is so tired BUT he wants to finish at least 2 of his courses. Hopefully he will be able. His grades are good. We are so close to the end of the semester- and he feels bad about all this, understandably. Maybe they will let him submit his work online, he has no final exams, which in itself is amazing. I'll keep you posted on how I do with the Dean. Thanks for your feedback......

Welcome to this site. You will not find a more wonderful group to help you through this difficult journey.

Sorry for not posting sooner. I have been out of town for a few days. Yes, this is all very stressful. Making life and death decisions for your kid is brutally difficult. (In fact, I "ran away" from home last week, because I REALLY needed a break) My son has had 3 OHS in the last 9 months. He is 7 weeks post op on Tuesday. He has been through so much, but I do want to say that the OHS recovery did not seem that bad. He already thinks that he is well enough to get back in his off-road car, in fact he went out to the sand dunes last weekend. Youth certainly has it's advantages in this situation. If he is feeling weak and tired now, he will feel much better after surgery. Your biggest battle may be keeping him from doing too much after surgery. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Latest posts

Back