18 month check on my mitral valve repair

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deano89

thought i would check in with an update ,had another check on my mitral valve repair today, had an echo and consult with the cardio to discuss the results which were all good Dr Lynch siad the surgeon has done a really good job on my valve ,Dr lynch also said i am now discharged to doctor referal for 5 yearly checks, She also said there had been a change in thinking , because i have had surgery that i would need antibiotic cover when ever i have dental treatment and this is now the case for anyone having heart surgery.
i asked about valve repairs and how long they were expected to last . the reply was forever ,and in her experience ,if there were no infections before or after surgery ,the long term usually looks very good and the methods used in the last 5 years were much better than previous ,she did also say problems with repairs normally start to show up within the first 3 months post surgery
Dean

Latest posts

Back