13 Days Post Ross Procedure - BAV

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

travis86

Hi All

Got operated on November 28th. 10hr operation but all went well
My recovery is going very well, started getting frustrated in hospital towards the end as I was sick of the same little room
Have a lot of energy and feel fantastic. I feel like a new person

I have one question though
I am doing my regular walks (x 2 per day 10mins minimum each) plus up and about a lot at home
When walking more than a few hundred yards, I get really bad lower back pain
it is like my back is compensating for my chest or something
is this normal?

Cheers

Trav

Not sure how "normal" that is, but that's what my husband complained of most, lower back pain when walking - not the chest area at all. It took several weeks for the lower back pain to resolve. I wondered if it had anything to do with spending most of the time (day and nights) in the recliner?

Look up "anterior pelvic tilt" and low back pain and exercises to relieve it. His body is most likely compensating in more ways than one at the moment. Sitting lots more than before would do that too.
It will resolve in time too, but stretching should help.

Trav,

I had surgery the same day as you, class of 2012", I too agree with Thegymguy, as our body's are compensating for the muscle we are not using in our upper front to walk at this point. The chin up and stretching is something I try to work at too. But I do feel lower back pain when walking to much, I try to walk every two hours or close to anyways. It's getting better each day, but it's slow and steady. I sure lost a lot of body muscle in the last 3 months, it's going to be a long road back. Good luck with your recovery.

Doug

Latest posts

Back