10 yr. old in coma

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear that

Sorry to hear that

Hello Dee Dee, I am so sorry to hear that your best friend's daughter has had such a terrible accident and her life is at risk. I had my first MVR at the age of ten and although the doctor didn't think I would make it,here I am, going for my fourth one one of these days. What I'm trying to say here is that nobody goes before it's time and if that is also her case, no matter how bad thing may look at the moment, she'll recover. I'll remember her in my prayers and tell your friend not to lose faith in God because he's the one in charge!

Years ago I worked in a neurosurgical ICU and well know how unpredictable head injuries can be. I have seen kids her age do poorly but also ones who, despite all appearances, made remarkable recoveries.

I pray that her recovery will be one of the remarkable ones.

Dee,

I too will be praying for this young girl. My ex-wife worked in a Neuro ICU and witnessed many miracles happen to those with severe head injuries. Hopefully they will get her brain swelling under control and that should allow them to bring her out of her coma. Sometimes it just takes time, but I know the waiting is agonizing for her loved ones. Keep us updated and let her family know she's got a lot of people praying for her.

Good news about Macall

Good news about Macall

I got good news last night about Macall. She has opened her eyes and is responding to commands!!! She is squeezing peoples hands, moving her legs when told to and moved her left arm over to touch her favorite stuffed animal that they had put under her right arm!! Amazing isn't it??? It seems that miracles are happening for Macall and we know that all of the prayers that have been said for her are truely what's getting her through this!! I can't thank you all enough for all of the support, kind words and prayers you have sent!! I told her family last night that she has prayers coming from all over the world and they were so touched by that!! They still don't know how much brain damage might have been done and she still has a long way to go, but this good news gives us all hope! Please continue to pray for her full recovery! Look where the prayers have gotten her so far :)

You guys are the best and have really helped me get through this tough time, I can't thank you enough!! I'll keep you posted as I learn more about Macall's recovery. Thank you!

~DeeDee~

That is great news!

I would think that if she is doing everything as described, there would be minimal, if any, brain damage. Time will tell, but I do believe someone is looking out for her. :)

DeeDee,
This is really encouraging news! Short term memory problems are among the most common residual effects of closed head injury. If some of this is initially evident in the early weeks, I wouldn't worry too much. Mccall's coma was brief enough (although I'm sure it didn't seem that way) and she is so young that I would anticipate a good recovery. Mind you, I'm only making general comments based on very limited information but I think at least a cautious sigh of relief is in order. Puts a smile on my face at any rate!
Sue :D

:) Extremely relieved for you and all of them! Best wishes, ~Susan W

Such great news. Thanks for keeping us posted. My prayers will continue.

Dee, that is wonderful news. PRAISE THE LORD PRAYERS ARE BEING ANSWERED EVERYDAY! I will continue to pray for her and her family. Remember that God's arms are around them all and He is still in control.

Dee,

This is wonderful news! I expect you will again see the little girl you all came so close to losing. I believe every good and wonderful thing comes from the hand of God regardless of the route it takes...........and this is truly a good and wonderful thing.

Dee Dee,

I have worked, as a teacher, with many children who suffered from head injuries. They are generally refered to my unit after hospitalization, because there are speech, OT, and PT services in the building.

There is a lot of hope. Often the children are emotionally labile (swiftly changing moods) and/or easily angered. As Sue said, the longer a person is in a coma, the longer the period of recovery.

I'll pray for Macall.

shock

shock

Oh No Mcall !!!! Dee I havent seen this thread for a bit and didn't know forgive me for not writing sooner. I will place her name before my Gohonzon.

Please keep us informed!!

Med

PS Just for kicks and giggles...I flat line three times way up in the mountains. Hmmm...ironic isn't it.

Latest update on Macall

Latest update on Macall

I just received the latest update on Macall. The have her heavily sedated but wake her up about every twelve hours. She is still able to respond with opening her eyes and squeezing hands. The are trying to get her off the ventilator, but I guess she's not quite ready for that. She had damage to her one lung and it still needs help. They hope to "ween" her off of it maybe over the weekend.

The Dr's have warned her parents that when she does come off the ventilator and they don't have her as sedated, it's not going to be easy. They say that right now she doesn't know that anything's wrong with her and she isn't feeling any of the pain, but when she starts waking up more it's going to be tough.

They were able to take the drain out of her skull....good news. And they did an MRI on her, there were 5 spots on her brain that have been damaged, but the Dr. seems to think that they will all regenerate on their own, with time. He doesn't, at this point, think that there will be any permanent damage.....more good news!! :)

Thank you again for all of your support and prayers!! The prayers are definitley working their magic!!! Thanks again and keep those prayers going to Macall!! ;)

~DeeDee~

Will keep the prayers coming for Macall. Miracles happen every day, just look at everyone here!
mindy

Hello DeeDee -

I have wondered several times how Macall is doing now; have things continued to progress well in her recovery? Hopefully :) !

Best wishes, ~Susan W

Latest posts

Back