1 year post op AVR, experiencing shortness of breath and some pain, help!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warfarinking

Hi all, I'm a little over 1 year post op since I had my AVR and recently I've been feeling short out of breath and experienced mild on and off pain in my heart. I wear glasses everyday/all day usually and I decided to take them off for a few hours while I was at a club and I started experiencing some mild pain in my heart that lasted for around 10mins, once I wore my glasses it kinda went away..this has happened around 2-3 times in the past month, but the shortness of breath is still here and I never went to rehab after my surgery. Any suggestions on what could be happening? by the way, the shortness of doesn't happen all day it would usually just be for a bit at a time, more than anything I feel it when I'm sitting down.

When in doubt, get it check out.
It doesn't matter if your 6 months, a year or 5 years post-op, when something isn't right or feel right see your doctor.

P.S.
I never went to rehab either and doing fine. So don't feel guilty for not going.

Hi all, I'm a little over 1 year post op since I had my AVR and recently I've been feeling short out of breath and experienced mild on and off pain in my heart. I wear glasses everyday/all day usually and I decided to take them off for a few hours while I was at a club and I started experiencing some mild pain in my heart that lasted for around 10mins, once I wore my glasses it kinda went away..this has happened around 2-3 times in the past month, but the shortness of breath is still here and I never went to rehab after my surgery. Any suggestions on what could be happening? by the way, the shortness of doesn't happen all day it would usually just be for a bit at a time, more than anything I feel it when I'm sitting down.

Don't panic! If your feeling like that again I would go to ER ASAP. If you have ability to wait till you see your cardio than do that. It could be nothing, just anxiety symptoms or GERD. It may be heart related and this is what we need to figure out for sure.

thanks for the prompt reply, I'm going to make an appointment tomorrow, but i just hate having to worry again about this and I did want to attend rehab but my insurance wasn't covering it so I couldn't afford to go.

thanks for the prompt reply, I'm going to make an appointment tomorrow, but i just hate having to worry again about this and I did want to attend rehab but my insurance wasn't covering it so I couldn't afford to go.

I hear ya, I wouldn't want to have to deal with it so soon after recovery. In fact I would try to avoid it and make excuses why I shouldn't go. Good job on that appointment with the cardio, he/she will order some tests probably to get a work over done and make sure its not heart related. Keep us posted.

Could those be magic pain-relieving glasses? Wow - sell them on TV!

Really, kidding aside, if something bothers you, it is bad enough to make the appointment and get it checked out. If it is anything significant, you'll have it treated sooner rather than later. If it is not significant, you'll have your peace of mind back sooner.

Keep us posted, please.

Latest posts

Back