1 Year Anniversy

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alive

June 8th was one year since I had my aneurysm repair with pig tissue valve replacement(BAV). The repair included the root all the way up to the coronary arteries. The first 2 ½ months of recover were difficult, but went well to the point I was feeling better that I had I years. By the way I am a 53 year old guy, happily married with one 24 year old son. I was luckily diagnosed 6 months before the surgery the aneurysm measure between 5.5 and 6.3 depending on the doctor (surgeon had at 6.3 at the root). It has been a tough year, average hospital stay every 8 weeks, with a pace maker implant in November (Thanksgiving). Finally took matters into my own hand and went to the Mayo in March where I was diagnosed with scar tissue growing and blocking my coronary arteries. They were able to stent the right main, but the left was completely blocked. I have been advised to go back to Houston (Texas Heart Institute-St Lukes) and see my original surgeon Dr. Coselli for follow up for the aneurysm repair and stent. My appointment is scheduled for July 9th. Have no real plans for when I get there, but hopefully they will give me a cath exam to see what the condition of the stent is in. I have been suffering from severe angina and am taking hydromorphone on a daily basis. But with all that has happened, I am lucky to be alive. If my family had not had me get a CAT scan for a cough…. I have an angle for sure.:smile2::angel:

Happy first! Good luck with your appt. on the 9th! Wishing you smooth sailing from this day forward. :)

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I sure wish I had found the site before my surgery. How do I do one of those sign offs - had a Bentall procedure done to repair an aneurysm due to a biscuspid valve. I need to find out the type of valve I received. I feel like such a newbie. but the information on this site is very informative.

Latest posts

Back