Zipper2's Valve Surgery Monday, January 19 at New Time: 7:30 am Mtn

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pamela

Yes, Deb's surgery time has been bumped up. There are a number of reasons for this, not the least that she is slated for double valve replacement:

Her mitral valve is damaged to such a degree that there is no possible chance for a repair. We already knew this.

Her aortic valve is fitting so poorly in the anulus that the flow is obstructed and the best solution is to replace this valve also.

Her tricuspid is leaking. Dr Modry will attempt a repair but is also indicating that this will be replaced if needed.

Her atrial fibrillation will be corrected with a Maze Procedure and

She'll have the liner placed in her chest cavity to help prevent the scar tissue adherance that is plaguing her.

Needless to say that she and her DH are stunned and a bit overwhelmed with the news but our Zipper is proving her tough Canadian northern prairie stock true and is facing this with the matter of fact attitude we can read on many of her posts.

What will be, will be and of course, that proverbial Saskatchewan hockey challenge... "GAME ON!" echoes through the 3G ward at the U of A tonight. The Lasix is shedding gallons of water from her poor, saturated tissues and her latest lung capacity at 98% prompted the doctor to promise to mention to the anaesthesiologist/respiratory therapist team that they'd better tape in the breathing tube extra securely. Zipper is very confident in her surgeon and feels that she's in the best place with the best man for the job.

Please continue to send Zip and her family all of your best wishes and prayers. She's strong and can put on her brave face, but I know if it were me, the angels at VR.com backing me would definitely ease my load.

Take Heart,
Pamela.

P.S. I'll post tomorrow with more news.

Wow! that is a full plate...Hang in there! We know you can do it. It has to better than being locked out of your car in the Canadian winter wilderness. Wishing you all the best. Louanne

The bumped up time is great news.....less chance of them canceling. I also had the "early bird" booking.
And most importantly, the Government will be picking up the whole tab whether it's one valve or 3.
Best wishes! :)

WOW!...I certainly wish her only the best and I'm glad she is finally able to get her overdue overhaul. I'll be looking forward to news on her tomorrow.

Kim

I hope she feels are presence there- we will all be there in spirit and prayer.

Great,as Bina said the earlier the better. I was scheduled as the first
of the day too. I will be sending her my best thoughts and prayers,
Thanks for the info Pamela.

Praying for you Deb. Look forward to getting your updates on how your doing. We will miss you but know you'll be back soon. You hang in there. I know you'll be so glad to get all this over with.

Sending best wishes hugs and prayers. Will be looking out for good news soon.

We all will be thinking of her. Im pleased to read that she got her time moved up and has a matter-of-fact mindset about it all. Tough cookie indeed. Ya gotta just love that :)

Deb's got a full plate this morning, but I'm confident she will do well.
I'm keeping her in my thoughts and prayers as we go through the morning and will keep checking back for an update.

Hi everyone, I haven't heard that Zip's surgery is delayed (yet??) so I'm guessing she's in the OR or its environs as we speak. Pray and keep the good energy moving towards Edmonton (smack dab in the geographical centre of Alberta) for a positive outcome.

Thanks all and I hope to be posting in around 10 hours (maybe less) that Zipper's in the CICU.

Take Heart,
Pamela.

Cancelled again!!!

Cancelled again!!!

Hey guys.. this is Chelsey, Zippers daughter.. i was jus informed, you are not going to believe this... but the surgery was cancelled due to some emergencies with other patients.. mom was all ready to go today and this happened.. AGAIN! unbelievable! i tried to register here so i can let u all know.. but appaerntly my email has been banned? lol... so im logging in with moms to inform you all, not sure how to start new topic so maybe one of you may want to! thanks for all your support guys!

Latest posts

Back