You Won't Believe This One - Surgery Canceled

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jan:

A cousin is going through a divorce and has had to reschedule court appearances twice. First time due to icy weather in Houston. Rescheduled for the following week. Gets into court, husband's lawyer gets case delayed because paperwork for handicapped son's guardianship was filed in wrong probate court.

After the first delay, she said she felt as thought she had been prepped for heart surgery and had to postpone the surgery. I laughed, and told her that DOES happen.

(BTW, her son, now 20, was born with mitral valve prolapse. His heart has been OK so far.)

Jan,

I just wanted to add that I, too, am sorry you had to go through this. I guess the silver lining is that your surgeon was so careful, which should increase your confidence going in next time.

Best wishes,

*raises eyebrow stiffly*

Holy crapola, Jan. Very sorry you had to endure that....

Thoughts/prayers coming your way....

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"What do you mean how could I do this to you?" ... Juice Newton ... 'Old Flame'

Yes, Karen. I am from Sarasota. AND, Dr. Lewis is my surgeon! I had heard he was the best here and I have to tell you that I have been very impressed so far. Of course, as you can tell, my surgery was cancelled as he refused to go forward and risk a major stroke, so I'm still in the "waiting room". But, in truth, am very glad he decided to abort and wait.

How do you know about him? Did you by any chance have him for your surgery or for someone you know?

Jan

Wow!

Wow!

Jan,

I just had the feeling you had to be from SRQ.
I live on Siesta Key. I would be glad to meet with
you if you are so inclined.
Just send me a private message and we can go from there.
I sent you an email but I am not sure that those go through.
Best regards,
Karen

since we have several in Sarasota, maybe a Sarasota bunch reunion is in order. My son lives there and occasionally I get down to visit. He told me he and his wife would drive me to Orlando for the big reunion there. He and his wife, Dani, will also bring me to a local Sarasota reunion next time I get down there. MarkU is also in Sarasota.

I was delayed from first to second surgery. It was a bit annoying.

I can't even imagine what it must be like to have that final ride throught the corridors, terror-thrilled all the way, feel yourself sliding out, wondering what will happen, waking up joyful that it's over - and it isn't.

They better give you two lollipops for this one!

Very best wishes,

Hey, Ann! I'm all for a meeting of the "Sarasota" bunch or perhaps a combination of Sarasota and Orlando valvers! Just keep me posted as to your plans to come to town and we'll go from there!

And, Bob, I forgot all about asking for that second lollipop! You can bet I'll rectify that soon!

Jan

Tossing in my support

Tossing in my support

Jan, I felt bad when I went to register at the hospital and they told me my surgery was canceled. I can't imagine your situation! Better to err on the side of caution though. Hope all goes perfectly next time. Brian

Jan,
So sorry to hear about your "false start". I am glad that they were so cautious. Knowing that your surgeon will only except the best for you should be reassuring! My surgery was delayed to the next day as I lay there, with my family at my side,waiting to go into surgery. They said the surgeon ran into a more extensive surgery than he anticipated and I could have it when he got done or wait until tommorrow. I said, "I'll take him fresh and unfrustrated thank you!" It did not increase my anxiety though, I think I was calmer.

Prayers for you!

Heather

Back