You all got me thinking about my scar :)

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerri73

Reading some of the other posts got me thinking more about mine - it's 2 years old... all my other scars have healed up nicely... but there's one area of this one that's a hard bump. I do not like it. It doesn't itch or hurt, but it's pink and just blech. I would never have my scar removed completely - it's my identity, you know? (when you've had it since an infant, it kinda goes with the territory). :)

But... if I wanted to see if I could get this bump removed or improved... should I start at a dermatologists office or just head straight for a *gulp* plastic. surgeon. ? I was thinking dermatologist... but thought I'd see what others had done. :)

Thanks!
Kerri

You could try either. I think they usually start with some steroid injections (beware, they hurt!) which may help and they could both do that. I've also heard of some people having success with some laser treatments, so you'd just have to find someone who has that kind of laser in their office...again, could be either one.

Kim

P.S. I don't know if there is a way to have your scar removed.

Good point... was just meaning that I am not bothered at all by the appearance of my scar, so that's not why I would be going - it's the weird feeling of this knot on mine that I don't like. Thanks for the head's up that the injection would hurt. Eeks!

I had steroid injections, it hurt like hell but the bump is about half the size. At first it was flaming red but it has calmed down back to a light pink

Latest posts

Back