X rays After ?? Avr?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

Nancy jane

Reading adams book and noting he had x ray last 3 days in hospital. I go in. 2-9. & curious if this standard procedure ? Or preference by surgeon ?

I didn't have an x-ray after my surgery. It's hard to even guess what they would have been looking for. (A lost watch, maybe?) I don't think X-rays are much good at differentiating soft tissues. Perhaps there was some concern about his sternum? Or more likely, they were concerned about fluid in his lungs?

The first 3 mornings after my surgery they came in to the room with a portable xray machine and took a picture each morning. On the 4th and last day in hospital they wheeled me down to xray and had me stand and took 3 different views. Not sure what they were looking for. I was just along for the ride.

I had an x-ray 2 days before they discharged me along with an echo. I think it is pretty standard to take an x-ray before they release you.

Kim

i had chest xray for the first 4-5 days. After being woke up @ 530 am to take one I asked what was the purpose & they said Dr was checking fluid in my lungs.

i had chest xray for the first 4-5 days. After being woke up @ 530 am to take one I asked what was the purpose & they said Dr was checking fluid in my lungs.

Me too. They seemed to X-ray me for several days and I think it was for fluid in the lungs.
John

Great Thx every one. Again I'm so thankful we re keeping busy. And trying to cath up with the surprise items.

Well now. That was a biG Freudian slip wasn't it. Trying to CATH up. Hmmmm ? Meant catch up. LOL

I too had 1 chest x-ray about 4 days post op. Wheeled me down to x-ray, front and side view, enjoyed the ride and getting to see different people. Told me it was to check lungs and sternum.

I had one x-ray two days after surgery when I was in the hospital, then one more fours weeks out before I had my final follow-up with my surgeon. He even printed out a copy of that one for me -- it's great as it shows my staples and my valve.

Dan

Latest posts

Back