Would anyone out there like an XS?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Protimenow

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
My offer has been buried in other message threads, so I'll ask here as its own message:

I'm trimming my supply (actually just a few) of XS meters because I don't need a backup of a backup of a, well, backup (I'm not sure how many I've actually got) meter. In the last month or so, I got another meter from the phlebotomist in my PCP's office. A patient turned it in because it was 'too inaccurate.' (I tested it against another meter and strips, and the two machines matched). Apparently, he expected exact matches to the lab results.

The meter works. It's an older one - the slightly smaller form factor - but it seems to work fine. I'm not sure how many tests were run on it but I think it's still fairly new.

I might ask for compensation for shipping (but this probably won't be much), but I'm ready to give it to the first person who needs one to respond by sending me a private message.

I'm not sure how long it will take me to ship it - but I WILL ship it. -- No strips, no lancets (well, I might toss in a few) - basically meter, box, docs, and probably a Roche lancing device.

Let me know.

Hell, I can't even GIVE IT AWAY.
its weird innit ...
my suspicion is that one or more of the following is at play
  • in the USA most are not self testers
  • of those who are self-testers most have supply from their health care
  • at least "some of the remainder" are mistrustful of used gear.
try ebay and get some coin back?

I expected that someone on this site may want one. I sure did years ago.

eBay may be the way to go on this...or I can try to find someone who actually needs one but can't afford it.

(Wait - I may know someone, if she actually wants to self test - I offered before and got no response).

My offer has been buried in other message threads, so I'll ask here as its own message:

I'm trimming my supply (actually just a few) of XS meters because I don't need a backup of a backup of a, well, backup (I'm not sure how many I've actually got) meter. In the last month or so, I got another meter from the phlebotomist in my PCP's office. A patient turned it in because it was 'too inaccurate.' (I tested it against another meter and strips, and the two machines matched). Apparently, he expected exact matches to the lab results.

The meter works. It's an older one - the slightly smaller form factor - but it seems to work fine. I'm not sure how many tests were run on it but I think it's still fairly new.

I might ask for compensation for shipping (but this probably won't be much), but I'm ready to give it to the first person who needs one to respond by sending me a private message.

I'm not sure how long it will take me to ship it - but I WILL ship it. -- No strips, no lancets (well, I might toss in a few) - basically meter, box, docs, and probably a Roche lancing device.

Let me know.
I could use one. I have an old one that still works but has some quirks. I’ve been thinking of replacing it .

Lynell

suspect that if you put the word "Free" in the title that you might have received more attention.
1716524798876.png

sometimes I just doesn't

Back