Will I feel cold all the time?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm cold all the timeunless it's 80 degrees! I found out 8 months after surgery that my right femoral artery was junked up with scar tissue, and it was making my right foot cold. I thought nothing of it at the time until I needed an angioplasty. Even after a successful procedure, my right foot often gets cold, even when it's a warm summer day. I discovered two years after surgery that I also have Reynaud's where my hands and feet get really cold in response to extremes in temperature. Part of me, no offense, is looking forward to the hot-flashes of menopause.:wink2:

Welcome back Rick and good to hear from you .
Are you resting OK ?

Brad

Thanks for asking. I am resting quite well. Last night I only slept 2.5 hours but attribute that to taking my evening meds too late, around midnight. Before that I was getting my normal 6 hours. I took a 90 minute walk yesterday and felt great. Just about out of the painkillers so I hope Tylenol will minimize the pain enough to be comfortable.

90 minute walk , GREAT !!
Yeah, that sleep pattern is a tuff one, I'm still a little messed up. Not sure why but seems 4 to 5 hours and I'm ready to go. Hope this weekend I can get a full night. Might be because I don't drink them 2 glasses of wine like I did before the operation..:biggrin2:

The PA told me to take antihistamine at night to help sleep thru some of my pain, it helped but felt groggy the next day.
Brad

Thanks for the posts. In the last few days my "feeling cold" times are greatly reduced. I have found that if I am eating or drinking something cold I should wrap it in a paper towel or use a sleeve around my drink. I began taking an antihistamine again to get some solid sleep. Still only need 4-5 hours but at least they are pretty much continuous. I have a Pharmacist friend who says the antihistamine is safe and non-habit forming. He and his wife take one every evening. I have found I cannot take mine after 9:00 pm or I am groggy when I get up at 5:30 am.

Rick - I would bet that your "cold" feelings will begin to taper off shortly. Mine did after about 6 weeks or so. Before that even taking a shower left me shivering for a while.

Also, I see you've found the "off-label" benefits of benadryl or similar antihistimines. My daughter works in a medical facility, and that's what they give to patients who need just a little bit of help sleeping. I used benadryl for several weeks after I stopped all the other pain meds following surgery.

Latest posts

Back