Why no driving for up to 6 weeks after surgery?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it is very true in most areas that IF you have an accident and have been advised not to drive .......once the insurer investigates and finds this out your insuarnve is NULL ANS VOID read the fine print IT IS THERE .......also having an air bag deploy into your chest may shatter the sternum abd send shards into your heart ....on the bright side if that happens no need to worry about insurance as it is a mute point .......to this end the first time I was released I was a backsest driver as current cars have air bags
for both driver and passenger

An ounce of caution is worth a pound of cure. Driving per se, is no problem, being in an accident, having your sternum slammed by an air bag or steering wheel would be. This is a time where it's better to be safe than sorry.

I was able to drive 2 weeks post-surgery because I had a thoracotomy and not sternotmony, and it was one reason why I favored that approach, which, I mention as a consideration for those who are pre-surgery.

Latest posts

Back