Who Owns Home Testing Units And Are You Satisfied With It?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who Owns Home Testing Units And Are You Satisfied With It?

• Protime Unit-Satisfied

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Protime Unit-Not Satisfied

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Coaguchek Unit-Satisfied

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Coaguchek Unit-Not Satisfied

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Harmony Unit-Satisfied

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Harmony Unit-Not Satisfied

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
Do you have the ProTime Microcoagulation System or a Coaguchek? I thought that QAS was the sole supplier of the ProTime machine to individuals and that they did not handle the Coagucheck.

Welcome to the board. My husband has his valve replaced 13 years ago after a bout with bacterial endocarditis. We've gained so much from this board. There's always someone to provide information, experiences, a hand-up, and often something humerous or inspirational to brighten a day.

Blanche

JimChicago

JimChicago

My cuvette I used today (testing strip) had an expiration date of March..2004.Keep them in refrig..Lay out on counter for 1 hour..then test. I test every 3 weeks..Always in range.:) Clinical nurse says every 4 weeks. When I had my physical last week I told my PCP I test every 3 weeks..and he said..you would be safe at the 4 week..:) They are $12.00 each and Insurance pays $10.00..:) Bonnie

I have the Coagucheck. I didn't know QAS also sold the ProTime machine too. I don't know that I've even seen that one. I'm wondering how they differ.

Nice to hear from another long-time "valver". My Mytral Valve Prolapse was diagnosed when I was 22. I didn't know I even had it, except for being told I did, until I had my 2nd (and last) child when I was 26. Then all Haties broke loose and I had horrible arrhythmia on a daily basis. They held off doing a valve replacement for 6 years. Tried to controll the arrhythmias with medication. But none were ever truly successful. When I was preparing to have the valve replaced, they told me it would probably not get rid of the arrhythias. But incredibly it got rid of about 99% of them. I went from thinking I may not be around to see my children go to grade school, to now seeing my younger child off to her first year of college, after sending her brother off last year. Medical science is a wonderful thing!

I love my home machine. My insurance paid for all of it, as well as 90% of the cost of the supplies. But I'd pay for it all myself if I had to. It really allows me to feel that I have more control over my own health care. I never change my Coumadin dosages myself, but the machine has made me a more alert patient.

Karlynn

Just got a look at the Protime machine. It look identical to the Coagucheck. Now I know why QAS sells both.

Karlynn

Latest posts

Back