When should i plan for surgery?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started out thinking tissue...glad I choose an On-X mechanical. Just past 3 years post surgery. It sounds and looks great. Coumadin no problem...my range is 1.8 to 2.2. I self test at home every two weeks with the CoaguChek XS meter. Life is good! Best of luck with your upcoming surgery!

Get it done when your cardiologist and cardiac surgeon say so. They should know what's up.The younger and more fit you are, the better you'll bounce back. I think if you wait for symptoms to develop, you will begin doing damage to your heart muscle. It is indeed a strange journey but all the things I was freaked out about, proved inconsequential. You will do great.

vivekd;n865382 said:
Thanks pellicle,

I plan to go to H-Mart this weekend to buy kimchi and try building taste for it.

. . . and if you just can't handle the kimchi, there's always Miralax. That is the "gentle" laxative recommended to me after I had to be re-admitted to the hospital to get my digestive system back into motion after my valve surgery. The meds messed me up so badly for the first month post-op that I went back in for a 4-day "tune-up" to get things sorted out. After that, Miralax did the trick, until I no longer needed it.

Good luck vivekd. I was 47 at time of my surgery. And the plan B was going to be mechanical if needed. You'll do great.

Latest posts

Back