What would you do?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherylchapa

Christopher's room is upstairs. His bed is a t-shaped bunk bed. He sleeps on the bottom bunk with the head of his bed in the cubby created by the upper bunk. This situation is not conducive to OHS recovery nor for the comfort of the caregiver and her back. Downstairs, our living room is very small. We have a sofa, loveseat (neither is comfortable for sleeping but will do in a pinch if you're healthy), coffee table, 2 end tables, fireplace and a TV hutch with just enough room to walk through to the dining room. oh, and don't forget the baby toys for the 2-year-old. Really no extra room for any more furniture. Where the heck is this kid going to sleep in a reclined position? Do I need to rent a chair and move the loveseat out? Maybe we can put it in the garage and park on the street for a couple of weeks. Why am I just now thinking about this? Any ideas from those who have BTDT would be appreciated!

Thanks!

We have a main floor office which I managed to cram a day bed into.
Maybe you can ask Christopher (before surgery) to try out the loveseat with a bunch of pillows to prop him up.
You could also buy a foam pad to make the loveseat more comfortable. I have one on the day bed.

Cheryl:

We don't have a recliner, so I didn't have a recliner during my recovery, except for the 2 weeks at my parents' home and I didn't use theirs. I just padded around my back with lots of pillows.
Ditto when John had his MV repair. He just used lots of pillows.

can the top part of the bunk bed being used by someone??? is it possible to take the top bunk off so that he can sleep on the bottom???

can the top part of the bunk bed being used by someone??? is it possible to take the top bunk off so that he can sleep on the bottom???

No the top bunk is huge. It's one of those dresser/bed/desk combo things. Weighs a ton.

I suppose he could try out the loveseat with a wedge. I really worry about the stairs. And I don't want him couped up in his room away from the family for 2 weeks. He will get depressed.

Brian did not sleep on a recliner at all. He was able to sleep on his back. I think that pillows on the love seat will be enough for during the day and pillows in bed at night. I think you will be amazed at how well he does when he comes home. Kids are pretty resilient.

Latest posts

Back