What I like most about Christmas ...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

netmiff

I am a real grinch when it comes to Christmas, I find it too commercial, too fast and too pressured ... but there are some things I like about the season, so here goes :

1. houses that have lights and decorations - not too many, just a few. Following this theme, houses that have Christmas trees that you can see from the road, I think they look warm and inviting. Also, when it has just snowed, and some houses have those wee bushes in the front, just underneath the windows, that have lights on them and the lights peek through the snow, now that is pretty.

2. Food - with the exception of turkey and eggnog; however I do love gingerbread, fudge, mincemeat tarts, Christmas pudding, Terry's chocolate oranges (white chocolate ones, of course)

3. Baking all of the above - not the oranges, though! Every year, DH and I make a batch of cookies and plate them for colleagues and neighbours.

4. the fact that from today on, the days are getting longer - YAY !!!!

5. 2 days off, guilt-free, back to back ! Our retail store was open 7 days a week all summer, so I am really looking forward to this one.

6. Shovelling snow, then coming in for hot chocolate . .

7. Going for a walk at night to look at the decorated and lit-up houses, then coming in for hot chocolate . .

Right now, it has snowed, and snowed and snowed, and the sun has come out. It looks really pretty, so maybe that should be part of the list, too.

I am sure there are more, so add yours . . . we do not have kids (or much family, either, for that matter), so I am sue a few of you have some favourite kid traditions that you can share.

Jeanette,too bad it is so commerciaized and so out to lunch.

christmas for me and my family is a time of peace and love,

sharing and caring,although we hold that 365 days a year (try too anyhow)

In our house christmas hasn't lost it's meaning,i guess the meanings still

there for anyone who looks for it.(right)?

I realize it can be a time of joy or sorrow in peoples hearts,as with our

friend and their son right now,and as i prepare for our own customs and

and traditions i keep this in my prayers and think of all the giving ,not

recieveing and all those without family or less fortunate are remembered.

And i hope the prayers on this bulletin find their way to my friends son

and that he will know how important,valued and loved he is in the lives

of so many people and may family,warmth and happiness find him during

this holiday season,I wish all the prayers of those in need on VR are

answered for them.

Yep the hustle and bustle,the rush to get things done...all done,can

make us lose actual spirit of what the meaning is @ celebrating Jesus's

birth,and if ihave trouble with it,then how would i expect my precious

grandaughter or any of my kids,now grown and moved to have a good

foundation for faith. This is just my pattern and thought i'd share some

afew things of what christmas means to me. I'd like to add as well that

maybe this shows the christmas spirit isnot dead afterall:p:D

While here may i add my thoughts and wishes to everyone here VR

for a safe and happy holiday season and for you all to have a joyous

christmas and a happy new year. cyber ((hugs to all))

MERRY,MERRY CHRISTMAS:):):)

zipper2 (DEB)

We need to learn to keep our sights on the real meaning of Christmas!!!!
I love this time of year, remembering the birth of the Christ Child and His life, family get togethers, doing for others, just being thankful. Ler the world do what they want, but I will do what I know Christmas is meant to be. :)
I refuse to say Happy Holidays when its much more then that.......
Jesus is the reason for the Season.
Zipper thanks for your beautiful words you shared!

I love the spirit of Christmas...the true meaning of being warm and loving towards others...bringing joy and lightto others, being there for each other, and living in peace loving thy neighbor as thyself.

As a kid and being the youngest, our house was really busy and full...Christmas was gathering of all the family...sisters and husbands and children came and we all celebrated together and spent happy days with each other. Those beautiful memories are always there to keep my heart warm and the tradition is still on and we do get together when we can. We were planning sisters' reunion in the East Coast, but I am chickening out...I do not feel ready to travel yet. We postponed it.

On another side, I love the hussle and bussle around this season...it is life with is joy around it. I love the lights and decorations everywhere.

I do not mind using Happy Holy Days ... I use Merry Christmas among family and friends who celebrate Christmas.

So Merry Merry Christmas:)

7. Going for a walk at night to look at the decorated and lit-up houses, then coming in for hot chocolate.

I agree with your list, for the most part ... though I do like eggnog.

As for looking at the Christmas lights, I prefer driving around ;). Big surprise there, eh? :)

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...MidW Blast = 01/17/09
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"You have all the tender sweetness of a seasick crocodile" ... Thurl Ravenscroft ... 'You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch'

Latest posts

Back