What do you guys think about this?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Coaguchek and I are living in harmony. No issues.

You know me, I only like to surface if there is a food fight, plus you girls don't need me. You seem to have the isssue well in hand.

Back to my cave.

ProTime

ProTime

Rain,

No apologies needed we're here to help -that's our job. We want our customers to feel comfortable using our product. Once you reach that comfort zone you will love the monitor.

I have confidence... Lance is going to make it all better.

I have confidence... Lance is going to make it all better.

Now Dick.... you wouldn?t be referring to my little talks with brother Bob about his protime machine would you?! :eek:

Hilarious!!

Hey Rain girlfriend...

Hey Rain girlfriend...

So glad to hear you're gonna get a new machine...maybeeee.;)

Feel free to email me again should your require my assistance and I'll give it my best shot, er, or like you said, "plumb him up." Hey, what the heck does that mean anyway?

And to the 'Ragin' Cajun' -- where ya bean guy? That taco coulda been aimed atcha, ya know..:D

Hey Rain...where is that Brother Bob these days? You sic your ole hound dawg on him again?:D

Lets have a little competition!

Lets have a little competition!

Rain, I think you are going to get all fixed up. As I have said before QAS people are great and the Protime is a good instrument. However a little competition adds spice to business
and keeps everybody on their toes.

So...if you wish to check out the new
Coaguchek S call 1-800-428-5074. they will send you all the forms you need. the instrument goes for $1295. You must take care of your own insurance and financing. You must undergo a half day of training which costs $300. The training group is a spinoff from Roche based in Raleigh NC. 1-919-859-3793. Medicare now covers mechanical heart valves, instrument and training. Coaguchek uses little test strips and a box of 12 costs $72.00. Talk to Roche at 1-800-428-5076 about supplies.I use their capillary tubes to draw up the blood from my finger and a little rubber bulb to place the drop on the test strip.I first used the Roche Softclix stylet to punch a hole in my finger but now use the QAS Tenderlett which I think is better. Different strokes for different folks!

What does your hired hand say when the fences need fixin? down there in Texas?

What does your hired hand say when the fences need fixin? down there in Texas?

Well, Ms. Janie....

Out here in the sticks, the hired hand might come in and say somthin? like... ?that thar fence in the back 80 is lookin? awful wobbly... I believe the cows ?ll be walkin? right through it by the weeks end... would ya like me to ?plumb it up? for ya?? lol You give him the go ahead... and in no time at all.... he?s pulled the wires tight, replaced a couple posts... and WALLA..... the fence is all plumbed up. :) Of course different circumstances call for different tactics..... you could probably take care of Lance or Dick with a taco... maybe a pie..... but take good aim!! Ya wouldn?t wanna miss an hit BOB!!

Seriously, I think the term must have come from those ?plumb bob? thingies they use to make sure the walls on houses are straight and in line with each other. I swear it?s true Bob!! Gee whiz, I hope he?s not lurking!! :D

Thank you, Marty! I really appreciate all your help. I actually consider myself pretty darn tough! But at times the frustration with my INR can just about drive me over the edge. I guess because there are so many variables, and I don?t conform well. I can never say thank you enough to you and all my other heart buddies here in vr.com. You guys have been my life line at times.

My test results

My test results

I am happy to report my Lab and Protime numbers are still very close.

Lab 2.7

Protime 3.0

I will check this every few months and make sure everything is still working. Since my insurance did not pay for my unit, they have to cover my Lab costs and I go to the Lab at the hospital where I worked for many years. My Lab tech is great...never bruises me and I hardly feel the little 'poke' in my arm! I feel secure and think it's like the 'best of both worlds' for me to continue the dual testing.

Good luck to all having problems tho. I'm very pleased with my unit thus far!

:) Zip/Joan

Rain I have the same problem

Rain I have the same problem

I too had a problem with a variance between my Protime machine and the hospital lab. The higher my INR --the wider the discrepency. My doctor was not satisfied at all with my results and this became a big issue. I feel that QAS should have replaced my machine just in case it was my unit. One woman called me after one year to see if I was satisfied. When I explained my situation (QAS was aware of what was going on) this woman said that my machine would be replaced. She called me one week later and said she was still working on that. I never heard back again.

A few weeks ago I went to the lab to have INR drawn as I needed to have other labs done. I did the ritual STAT INR drawn within 30 minutes of home testing.

My protime machine; 3.3
Hospital Lab: 5.21

I continue to use my machine out of convenience but would never replace the unit with another Protime machine. I would choose another product.

Just another note here of interest: I had originally purchased an Avocet machine and tested against the lab. My Avocet results were very close to the lab results. Unfortunately they went out of business after I had my unit for one month. Now if my Avocet can give me the same results that the lab does, why can't my Protime?
Oh and by the way, I think the lab was correct with the INR of 5.21 as I had lots of bruising one of which was on the palm of my hand without any known injury.
I know there are a lot of happy users out there, but I am not one of them.

Trobles with Protime?

Trobles with Protime?

I had a chat yesterday with Anne Pontius, MBA, CMPE,MT(ASCP),
director of Laboratory Compliance Consultants Inc. who among other duties trains Roche Coaguchek trainers. She says Protime has had a lot of problems lately like those up in Vermont. I hope Rain and Gisele get their units back on track. By the way Anne said Roche is by no means out of the individual patient business but they sell the old Coguchek like Gina and I have not the new Coaguchek-S which only goes to clinics and doctors offices. My unit is now almost 5 years old and still works fine.

Thanks Marty

Thanks Marty

I am somewhat relieved to hear that I am not alone in my Protime problems. I feel that QAS would rather I just agree with them and the problem will go away, however my last protime just reinforces the fact that there is a huge discrepency that cannot be ignored. 3.3 means that I am in range---5.21 means that I am out of range and with my history of bleeds in the past that doesn't make me feel too comfortable.

Unless QAS wants to make good on this issue and provide me with a replacement I only have two choices. I can cross my fingers that I don't encounter any problems with my INR or I can store my unit somewhere and go back to using the hospital lab.

I am open to suggestions. Thanks.

Gisele, call them!

Gisele, call them!

Gisele,

I finally talked to Lance.... he promised me that one way or the other he would make sure my machine was fixed or replaced. They have always been helpful and supportive up to this point, so I have no reason not to believe him.

I only tested my machine against the lab twice before I started doing it Feb. 14 of this year. So I don?t know if it had a problem from the beginning or if something went screwy. I know my body gives me clues when I?m out of range. It isn?t just my machine and the lab that are disagreeing... my body is at times telling me my INR is high when the machine is telling me I?m just right. That?s what scares me!!

I find it really interesting that your machine is reading lower than the lab too. I?ve tried so hard to convince myself the machine is okay. I take it with me to the lab and do the tests at almost exactly the same time... definitely within a few minutes. There are two lab techs at the hospital at the time of day I go.... believe me they both know who I am and that I?m testing against them. They do all their stuff exactly right... and even watch me, to make sure I?m doing it right!! They want the results to match as badly as I do! I?ve even taken instructions from a QAS nurse in there with me on how to draw the blood. lol

I have confidence at this point that QAS will make things right with me. I think a lot of other people are obviously interested in what they do about it too... you can see that by the number of views to this thread!! :eek:

Thanks again to all my heart buddies for your continured support. I'll let you all know if I'm still a happy customer in a week or so.

New machine for Gisele

New machine for Gisele

Gisele, I would ask Lance for a new machine. If he does not trust Protime, he is now the dealer for other companies and maybe can get you one of those. I don't think QAS can afford to have their clients potentially endangered. Heck, I received a free Coaguchek from Roche when they promised Medicare would pay and it didn't. The machine is almost 5 years old and still works fine. This is a different business than usual caveat emptor, lives are at stake.

Well said Marty..I couln't agree more!!! This is a growing competitive market.

Joan

Gisele,

Please email me privately with your name and phone number so I can look you up in our system and I will personally follow up on this issue for you and see how we can get this resolved. My email address is [email protected]. My phone number is 1-800-298-4515, ext. 2616. As I said before we pride ourselves in our customer service and want our customers to be happy and satisfied.

Michelle

Michelle

I e-mailed you a week ago. Did you receive my information?

Let me know if you never got my e-mail and I will give you a call.

Thanks.

Gisele

Protime update

Protime update

I just wanted to let my fellow VR board members to know that I did speak with Lance on Friday. We agreed that I would send my unit back to them considering I have an extended amount of comparisions against the lab that indicate that my machine and the lab do not match.

I cannot thank Lance enough for his quick resolvement to this problem and his considerate manner in which he handled this. I know that my problem was a unique situation as most everyone has had no problem in their comparisions.

Again, Lance thank you so much. :D :D

Gisele

Good for you ,Gisele. I am sure you will have better luck with the new Protime.

Latest posts

Back