What did you need help with most post surgery?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They wrapped me up with Saran Wrap in the hospital, but only because I still had one chest tube in at the point (they didn't wrap up my incision). They also gave me two washcloths...one for my incision and the other for the rest of my body.

Kim

Everything takes more time than it did before so just get used to it. My first week home I found myself wanting to nap after my morning shower. It does get better and easier bit by bit. What really got to me was the inability/pain associated with wiping down the counter tops and I had trouble just opening the fridge door. I didn't run the vacuum for a good 3 months - probably could have done it much sooner but hubby was insistent and I didn't argue! Walk as often as you can, even if it's just around the house. But the most important bit of advice I can give you is to listen to your body.

I'm really intersted to see how I feel afterward... whether I'll be feeling as craptacular as I am now, or whether I'll actually have more energy and will be fighting the temptation to start jumping over tall buildings (or at least roadside kerbs :D ). They might need to send me home with sedatives to keep me restrained, since even after 5 years of feeling blah I still sometimes "forget" my limitations :rolleyes:

Still - I'm sure a fresh jolt of pain will sort that out pretty quickly!!! :p (although now I've got visions of that episode of The Simpsons where Bart is trying to pick up the electrified cupcake (Lisa's "Bart vs the Hampster" experiment) and zap! OUCH!!... <reach for cake> OUCH!!... <reach for cake> OUCH!!... <reach for cake> OUCH!!... <reach for cake> ..... :rolleyes: :eek: )

A : )

Latest posts

Back