What a difference 16 months makes

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldManEmu

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
The recovery is now complete. Rewind 16 months Nov 2004 I was in hospital with class IV heart failure to sick to receive the Ross that was planned for. Today had my follow up and the cardio advises that my heart has completely returned to normal and should be good for many years to come until the tissue valve gives up. No more Beta Blockers I am now back to normal after 2 1/2 years of Endocarditis and heart failure. I just had to share the news. I trust this will give others hope that are struggling before surgery. :)

They took you OFF beta blockers :eek: WOW! Good for you! Keep doing well.
Here in the states, once you're on them, physicians tend to keep you on them forever. If there's some problem, another additional med will fix it. My last cardiologist was of the school that "no one ever recovers from heart surgery, so I'll be pushing pills into you until the day you die" (more like when he kills me - that why he's is my former cardilogist). :D

Congratulations! You must be living right - to be so successful!

Ditto Jeff on the beta blockers. The best I've been able to do is get them to reduce the dosage. I'm going for further reduction and elimination of digoxin this year. Maybe in 10 years I'll get off a few meds.

Latest posts

Back