Went For Tests At Mass General Hospital....

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harrybaby666

Hi All,

I just wanted to let you know that I went for a Nuclear Stress Test and an Echocardiogram yesterday at Mass General Hospital, and I will be heading back down there tomorrow for a 3:30 pm appointment to find out the results. I asked the Dr. who administered the Echocardiogram yesterday, and she said with a serious face that she didn't see anything TOO CATASTROPHIC so we shall see what that means tomorrow.....The trip down yesterday was easy, but it sure takes a lot out of a person when you get up before the crack of eggshells and are up until almost 24 hours later due to travel, waiting and settling in after you get home, but hey...it's worth it if I can get good, quality, definite answers. Just wanted to keep you posted and will fill ya in on Sunday, when I get another chance to relax before returning to school on Tuesday.....Harrybaby:D:D:D

Don't worry, Harrybaby. I look forward to hearing all about your good results. In the meantime, enjoy the long weekend.

Cheers,
Michelle

Sorry it took me this long to post.....

Sorry it took me this long to post.....

My blackberry, for some reason will not let me post to VR.com, soooo...that being said, here it goes. I saw Dr. Calfon this afternoon, and they did an EKG....after this, I met with her and she told me that 1. I have an enlarged heart, and 2 I have Diastolic Dysfunction and she also confirmed that I do in fact as well have Pulmonary Hypertension.....Obviously this was not the best news, however, I am still relieved as I have definite, concrete answers that Dr. Calfon was confident in conveying to me...which is all I have ever wanted from the beginning. Today, my heart valves were as "normal" as can be expected as she explained, so that was good news, and I passed my nuclear stress test with flying colors. So now, she is checking in on my kidney function and after our next meeting in June, she will be deciding on whether or not to do a cardiac MRI, and go from there. Now on the train home from Boston, as I was able to see Dr. Calfon at an earlier hour so now I don't have to hang around Boston until 11pm to get home. Harrybaby:eek:

Well, Harry, you have some answers. And that is a very good thing because answers mean that start of some proper treatment for you. It's been a long haul for you.

I was told that there is nothing that they can do Nancy....

I was told that there is nothing that they can do Nancy....

Once my heart is gone, they won't even consider me for a transplant because of the PH and the Diabetes and other medical issues that I have, so they have to keep me from having a heart attack or a stroke otherwise they said that it would cause the Diastolic Dysfunction and the resulting CHF to progress more rapidly. Basically, I am in the same boat as my father, and what really scares me is that they have told him that he is now in kidney failure.......part of the progression of the diseases. I am doing as you say...Never give in and never give up, however, I would like to say that it does get harder and harder as time goes on. I am not going to stop living however, the best I can until the body tells me (not anyone else, but my own body) to stop. School....Here I Come!!!:D:D:D Harrybaby:D

You have a lot of spirit and I applaud you for staying upbeat in the face of so many things. There are so many good medications now that can help with your conditions. I hope they will put together an excellent plan for you.

good attitude there, Harry, good for you! At least you now know what's wrong, and can work around it, and as Nancy says, a plan of action. Knowing what you can and can not do, what you should and should not do (although sometimes you have to give yourself a bit of a break on that one) is a good first step to outwitting the doom and gloomers. Hang in there, take good care of yourself, and enjoy school!

Harry, Joe was also told that because of PH, he wasn't a candidate for a heart transplant. He was evaluated though, at one point, in the heart transplant unit, but the PH was just too bad. It was the most extended, thorough examination he ever had. He was in the hospital for a month, and they checked out everything, and I mean everything. In the end, the excellent cardiologist at that hospital put together a fantastic medical plan, changed all his medications, put him on a close monitoring schedule. And he did get better for several years. Remember, he was a lot older than you. You have youth on your side.

Back