Well, I had the scope done..........................

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EireCara

Hi everyone, Well, I had the scope done, and thank god it went like a dream. The consultant I saw at the outpatients clinic in December was actually in the theatre this time and I can tell you things were running a lot smoother. When a member of his team started to prepare my injection of happy juice my consultant said that he would take care of me. Anyway, he injected the meds into my line and I guess I went out, the next thing I remember is a nurse telling me that Mr. Wilson had sent for an anaesthetist to come to administer a general anaesthetic. I dont know what was going on to be honest, but I didnt know a thing after that until I woke up in a bed in a ward full of MEN....eeeeeekkkkk :cool: I got to go home that night about 11pm, the nurse said I would be called back to the outpatients clinic in about 6 to 8 weeks to get the results. All in all, it was a much better experience.

Thank you all for your well wishes and prayers. :cool:

Jacqui -- so glad this went smoothly for you.

You also have given me a nice fantasy. Next time I have one of these procedures, I want to wake up in a ward full of ... WOMEN! :D:p

Actually when I had my knee done, I woke up in a private room with a nice nurse and I was babbling my head off. No telling what I told her. :eek:

Isn't that happy juice wonderful. sometimes...Anyway, so glad this procedure was not traumatic for you!

Glad to hear all went well. I have had 2 stomach scopes and a colonoscopy in the last 2 years. I told the anathesiologist in the prep room
"I dont want to remember anything from BEFORE you take me out of this room untill I get back in this prep room". He followed my instructions
and I remember nothing.He said we usually wait till you are in the o.r. but, I can put you out now.I figure I am the customer so I should get
every consideration possible.So if you dont ask they will do it their way.

Jacqui, Glad it went ok.

I've had several stomach endoscopy's. I thought the worse was the taste of the stuff just before the scope. During AVR I had lung problems and the last time the doc looked in my lung my wife was in the room and he invited her to view down in my lung. I was wishing he'd get the show over! LOL
I still have a video of when he took a biopsy of inside my stomach.

Jacqui, Glad you got it done. One of my roommates after OHS was a woman. She was very tolerant of my family, and great company. Sending a hug, Brian

Latest posts

Back