Well here it is.........8/19

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe I will run nekkid through the halls during recovery, and blame the meds. :D
If you do this,they will probably give you even more meds!

My thoughts and good wishes are with you - Dina:)

Tbone, haven't you heard that gray hair is Sexy? Think of all the celebrities and how much fun they have showing gray.

Have all the fun you can during the next few days--you have license to laugh alot and do what others might consider stupid just cause you want to.

Alot of good wishes and prayers are being sent to you from all over our beautiful planet and they will following you to CC and into surgery to help keep you safe and secure.

Midge

. . met the surgeon and what follows is what we agreed to do.

:(

It doesn't sound like it was a totally one-way discussion, and other comments make me think you trust the guy. My ortho surgeon was/is not the most talkative, but he got the job done where it counts - in OR - and I am thinking your guy might be a litle like that, too.

Will be thinking of you until we hear all has gone well!

The only thing I do not like is that he goes on vacation 3 days after the surgery. Of course this puts the what if question into my mind. :D

T-bone, When I had my surgery, my surgeon left the country two days later. I found out about it after I googled him on the internet and found that he was a keynote speaker in England at some conference. It freaked me out for a bit. He came into intensive care each day before he left to see me, and then I never saw him again. In the end, my worrying was for nothing. Everything went just fine and he had plenty of support staff in place to take care of me.

I wish you the best. It'll be over and done with before you know it.

Kim

Have all the fun you can during the next few days--you have license to laugh alot and do what others might consider stupid just cause you want to.

Midge you need to go out with us sometime. All you mentioned is normal everyday Joe for him and I. :D

Speaking of which, Tbone which restaurant and which waitresses shall we go pick on before this occurs? Bear in mind, I'll be talking like a retard, but then your used to that by now.

TBone, all I can offer you is a creek with crayfish and organic goat cheese from the Greek farm.

Looks like it might have some pan fish in it?

I will certainly keep you in my thoughts and prayers! I had surgery 4 weeks ago at the Cleveland Clinic. You will be in the best hands. Who is your surgeon?

Mavroudis, Constantine, M.D.
Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery - Main Campus

If you do this,they will probably give you even more meds!

Lets hope they are pills or injected through the IV :eek:

T-Bone, you'll be in my prayers. Keep that positive attitude before you know it, you'll be on your road to a full recovery. Tomorrow is 5 weeks since my surgery and I can't believe how good I am starting to feel! Good luck and I am sending positive vibes your way! Laura

Wishing you a successful surgery, with a smmmoooth recovery. Most definitely will remember you in my prayers. Very best wishes....:cool:

T-Bone, I wish you an easy surgery. From your signature, you have a very good idea of what you are facing. The 5% mortality risk is about what mine was....and that is a pretty sobering thought. That said, you have come thru several similar procedures in the past successfully. See ya on the other side of the mountain.

Well I have yet to hear from the insurance company. I will be getting on them first thing Monday morning. I have already met the lady up at the Cleveland clinic who handles their side of it & she is helping me keep on them. Talk about double jeopardy, they will be scared to pick up the phone. :rolleyes:

Your in my thoughts and prayers TBone and keep us posted
when able,I maynot be talking much but i'm reading;) ..God bless.

Good luck to you T-Bone!

You are in great hands. Thoughts and prayers are with you. It will all be behind you, before you know it! Keep those POSITIVE THOUGHTS!

Midge you need to go out with us sometime. All you mentioned is normal everyday Joe for him and I.

Too bad you're so far away or I would. I may be 67 now but it wasn't always so. Let's just say I've done some things that would embarrass many people...but it was all in fun and nobody got hurt. I believe you should enjoy life, you only go thru this one once.

If you guys do get to hit the town before Tbone's surgery, have a ball. Just be careful not to get incarcerated beyond the surgery date.!

Midge

My prayers are with you Tbone for a successful surgery and a quick recovery.

Sheila

I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Psalm 91:2

Hey TBone, Sorry for the slow response to your post. I was away for a little while. You shall be in my prayers. I know that your doctor's hands will be guided by God and that soon all this will be but a memory. I firmly believe that your dancing days with that silly oxygen are gonna be over. Start to plan that fishing trip, it's gonna be better than you ever dreamed. Oh yea, and maybe you can take Ross with you. Just get him a little cart for his oxygen.:)

Back