Weird feelins/sensations

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nedraw

I am 1 month short of my 4 year anniversary for AVR and all is going well,except for one issue that I can't explain and my doctor has no answer for..Before surgery when ever I saw anything like a slasher movie,surgical procedures,blood & guts photos,etc.it was no problem viewing..Now when ever I see these things or hear a story regarding injuries etc.,I get this feeling,that I call the Heeby Geeby's that i can't explain.It starts in my sternum like a nerve ending tingle that radiates all the way down to my toes, and my feet actually feel like their burning /tingling..I actually have to close my eyes and cringe, and then it all fades away..Weird..Anybody out there have any similar like feelings ? Leo

I have not been able to watch any type of surgery show (real or fake) since my first operation 18 years ago. I used to get a visceral feeling, now it's not as bad, but I still turn the channel or leave.

I had my surgeon give me a video of my 2nd surgery! Only I watched, my family didn't want to see it! I found it fascinating.
I can't even think of snorkeling, it gives me the heebie jeebies since my surgeries. And I can't go on major roller coaster rides anymore. If I do, I have to close my eyes for the whole ride, so it's not worth it.

This "surgery" is no routine experience when it comes to the human "spirit". All parts of the body are significant, but when you tinker with the brain or the heart you may be surprised at what you'll find...

I am much more emotional after going through my AVR about 5 1/2 years ago. I figured when they cut through some many nerve bundles, etc. it is just one of the many side effects. Certain doctor shows on TV are just a little too much so I turn the channel. I thought these feelings would subside with time but they continue. Not too much of a big deal.

Latest posts

Back