We Remember

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My husband was in surgery having his valve replacement when the planes struck the towers. We celebrated his 5 surgery anniversary quieltly yesterday with a prayer for all the families of the 9/11 victims and a prayer that he is sitll here 5 years after his surgery.

terryj said:
My husband was in surgery having his valve replacement when the planes struck the towers. We celebrated his 5 surgery anniversary quieltly yesterday with a prayer for all the families of the 9/11 victims and a prayer that he is sitll here 5 years after his surgery.
Sue,
What a day you must have had. I know it was hard for me to be in California when my SO was in Ohio. All I wanted was to be able to hug him. I am sure you felt that way much more than I. Your husband sure woke up to a new world in more ways than one.

When my husband woke up in the CCU the television was on because the nurses were all watching about 9/11. The first thing my husband asked was what movie was on. I didn't even try to explain to him what was going on until after he was off the vent and more stable. At one point during his surgery the security guard came in the waiting room(he was my nieces husband) and told my family they were talking about evacuating the hospital because there was a bomb threat against the Bank of America next door. There were so many rumors that day because none of us knew what was really going on for so long. I just prayed for the surgeons to be unaware of what was going on so they could concentrate on my husbands surgery and not be distracted.

Back