Was your Significant Other afraid to be intimate with you after your surgery?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mrichardson;n865409 said:
Anyhow, I've already told my wife, "I'm finding stairs this weekend...".

The supermarket we go to has a staircase, so I'm going to go up and down that one a couple of times for her to prove I can.
Before I was dicharged from hospital I had to show nursing staff I could do a couple of flights of stairs - they won't let you out here unless you can show that. When I got home on day 6 after surgery I was doing stairs at least 15 times a day as I was sleeping downstairs on the sofa and the only loo in our house is upstairs and I have 'frequency'! Pretty knackering so soon after surgery !

mrichardson hi, here is an excerpt from my book that may help:

Surgeon Marc Wallack has a great eight-step plan for recuperating from heart surgery. Take a look at his article in US News Health on the web: Recuperating From Heart Surgery: An 8-Step Comeback Plan. Google his name and "8 Step Comeback" and it should pop up. He experienced chest pain while training for a marathon and needed immediate emergency surgery. Even with all his medical knowledge, he still had fears, both founded and unfounded. If you have fears and depression, this article will be very enlightening.

Dr. Marc Wallack also talks about his fear of having sex after a heart attack. He admits that he was "worried about dying during sex" and also about whether he had the physical strength "to perform." All valid fears one might have after heart surgery, but a subject many are reluctant to discuss with their doctors. Dr Wallack's article advices heart patients "not to ignore the sex issue." Ask your doctor when it is safe to resume your sex life and be honest about any fears you may have relating to sex. Dr. Marc Wallack also has a book on Amazon called Back to Life After a Heart Crisis. I haven't read it, but it has very good reviews.

Latest posts

Back