Warfarin and systemic calcification?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The important impact the Irish had on this country has only recently been given due credit.
Australia was essentially totally British. The Irish were deemed anti-establishment and potential threats to the public order. Easy targets for the establishment. Ned Kelly is more of a symbol than a hero. He faced his execution with dignity. His last words were 'Such is Life'.

cldlhd;n867282 said:
Looked it up. An Irish Australian criminal?

I admit to more than a touch of sarcasm there I'm the interest of humor. I'm aware of the penal colony history of Australia and I like an occasional light hearted dog at the Irish. Although I'm mostly German and English I have some Scotch Irish in there so I figure it's ok. I don't know how it is in other places but in these parts there's a percentage of Irish here that are fiercely proud of being Irish, but it seems like a lot celebrate the drunken violent stereotype, go figure. My buddy at work is a good old school Irish guy and I gave him a spin on Churchills speech- " the Irish, never in the course of human history have so many been so proud of so little....'it's a joke but I'm prepared for the attacks anyway.

I don't think anyone was offended mate. I'm personally none of those nationalities.
Heck, Australians celebrate Breaker Morant, a man who the Boers rightly refer to as a war criminal. The Irish have been hard done by in this country and the Protestant-Catholic divide used to lead to school yard dust-ups even up until the 1930s. Whole towns were segregated on religious grounds.

But, look at Australia now. A shining example of secularism. Our last three Prime Ministers: Tony Abbott, Catholic, Kevin Rudd, born Catholic, but went to a Protestant church, Julia Gillard, Australia's first female PM, (horror of horrors), atheist. No one cares anymore. That's why people here are amazed at the religiosity of Americans.

IMHO, Winston Churchill wasn't the great man he's been made out to be.

I'd rather hang out with a bunch of tipsy Irish than a group of pretentious wankers any day. At least they know how to laugh and have fun.

I live here and I'm amazed at the religiosity of a lot of Americans but it's not quite to the extent it probably seems from afar. It's not a very uniform country in a lot of ways and not only do opinions vary from person to person, obviously, there are big differences from region to region. I'm in the suburbs of Philly and if I drive far enough into certain areas of the state I start seeing those creepy roadside signs explaining to me all the reasons I'll be rotting in hell.
I agree on the tipsy Irish thing. II just like the humorous side of it, nothing mean spirited. Hey what can you expect when the most common symbol around these parts is a leprechaun with his fists up, why not looking into a telescope or something? And those redheads...,,.
This thread really has gone off the rails.....

I think there's lots of information on the initial topic. Of course it's gone off the rails, but is that such a bad thing? Think about it, we have experiences that even our families don't understand, and yet we're an international community of people who have been through the same thing. Can't you see what a beautiful thing that is? It's the heart, man. The symbol of who we are, and yet each one of us has had a stranger hold it in his hands. I think human interaction is much, much more than just the exchange of data and ideas.

I like this international community of valvereplacement too. I'm English but actually half Dutch as my mum came over from Holland to England when she married my dad. Then, when I was grown up, my parents moved to France and lived there the last thirty years of their lives taking dual nationality when they were allowed to by the French. And so now I and dh can spend time in France in my parents' house - it's wonderful ! Such a shame that the UK is going to leave the EU - rather isolationist - but I'm sure things will work out okay in the end.

cldlhd;n867298 said:
I'm still waiting for the flashbacks I was promised....

bcf3f1cf7d0819ef8a9184068d6047d614adfe810b02f52e247da45b504df5b8.jpg

JulienDu;n867251 said:
That subject gives me headache.

I know I am a fucking bush retard and asked Pellicle about that but I still dont understand why take K if W neutralizes K.
OK. Lets look at it this way.
You take some lemon juice - it's naturally acidic. If you add enough baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) to the lemon juice, it will 'neutralize' it - bringing the pH to 7. If you drink the stuff, you'll still taste the lemon.
The same thing goes for Vitamin K and warfarin -- the effects of the two, in regards to INR may cancel each other out, but the 'lemon' in the K remains. Vitamin K does other things for you than just reversing the effects of warfarin.

Agian;n867279 said:
Fine wine, good company, we learned about Vitamin K, French culture, had a good laugh, pissed a few people off, slagged doctors, big pharma. What more can you ask for? And when we invited you over, you were too busy studying ****-eating rats.
**** eating rats.
Yes, I remember that thread, and didn't comment on it. This started with a mention of coprophagia.
Although the concept disgusts most of us, except, perhaps, for a male presidential candidate who keeps putting his face into it, for some animals, there is a biological NEED for doing this. Rabbits require a certain compound in order to properly digest their food. It's made in their digestive tracts. In order to function properly they HAVE to eat their **** in order to get the little balls or clumps of this compound. Perhaps rats do this when THEY have some kind of deficiency.

And I've heard stories (unconfirmed) that some farmers feed their cattle their own droppings because, as the farmers put it, "protein is protein, and they have to get it somewhere."

Thanks for clarifying. Pellicle made coprophagia sound so negative.

I read you're considering taking Vitamin K2. Is this something you're still considering?

Agian;n867307 said:
Thanks for clarifying. Pellicle made coprophagia sound so negative.

I don't know how that happened, I mean if it's good enough for the entire front bench of parliament...

And one of the presidential candidates may not eat it, but he sure can push it out....
and a lot of his supporters think it's milk chocolate and eagerly eat it all.

And because this ain't no 'furrin guvamint' that I'm referring to (at least not foreign to many on this forum), I would not be surprised if this direction for this thread generates a bit of heat.

Last edited:
Protimenow;n867305 said:
Rabbits require a certain compound in order to properly digest their food. It's made in their digestive tracts. In order to function properly they HAVE to eat their **** in order to get the little balls or clumps of this compound.
Well you'll never guess what rabbits also get from eating their **** - they get vitamin K2 ! I am not kidding. I read that somewhere some time ago - I wish I could remember where as I like to post links which coroborate what I've written, but many animals eat faeces to get certain nutrients and vitamin K2 is one of those nutrients. The bacteria in our colon make vitamin K2 too but it's lost in the loo since we don't eat the stuff !

I once contacted one of the researchers into vitamin K2 and asked how people got it before supplements existed. Obviously any essential nutrient can be got from the diet or environment since otherwise we'd have died out from a deficiency and never evolved as we have done in the first place. The scientist replied that he thought that prior to the advent of refrigeration, foods would have been ever so slightly putrifying, not dangerously so but just a little, and the bacteria which lead to this make vitamin K2, so peope were getting enough of it in their diet !

This isn't surprising. And, before 'sanitation' and germ phobias, food was often prepared in, say, less than hygienic ways. We probably had a lot more of that stuff in our environment and in our food. (I read the thing about rabbits in a book that I think was called 'Gulp.')

The cultural aversion to anything that can cause any illness is a dangerous thing. We (especially infants and children) NEED to get certain illnesses so that our immune systems are trained to recognize and destroy common causes of illness. Keeping kids in a bubble, away from any infectious agent, can damage them for life. (Remember War of the Worlds? It wasn't firepower that killed the martians - it was good old human illnesses. The same can be said for invaders who died from diseases that the invaded population had immunity from. And, one day, ask about Tchaikowsky's method of suicide).

We probably got a LOT of things that our bodies need from living like normal, pre-1800s humans.

I'm not trying to denigrate the health advances that have come from sanitation, plumbing, and other advances, but sometimes we have to consider things that were beneficial, and that we've forgotten all about.

(A couple side notes -- some doctors are restoring the internal bacterial environment in people who've had antibiotics or radiation therapy, or other things destroy their normal bacterial environment by transferring some of the nicely pulverized stool of people with healthy systems in a tasty (?) drink. Dozens of years ago, when I had a medical word processing business, one of my clients wrote papers on what he called Urotherapy - beneficial components of urine that helped with certain ailments).

In some ways, we may eventually have to consider where we came from, and that our systems evolved in ways that may have been healthier for us centuries ago than it is now.

Protimenow;n867317 said:
This isn't surprising. And, before 'sanitation' and germ phobias, food was often prepared in, say, less than hygienic ways. We probably had a lot more of that stuff in our environment and in our food. (I read the thing about rabbits in a book that I think was called 'Gulp.')

The cultural aversion to anything that can cause any illness is a dangerous thing. We (especially infants and children) NEED to get certain illnesses so that our immune systems are trained to recognize and destroy common causes of illness. Keeping kids in a bubble, away from any infectious agent, can damage them for life. (Remember War of the Worlds? It wasn't firepower that killed the martians - it was good old human illnesses. The same can be said for invaders who died from diseases that the invaded population had immunity from. And, one day, ask about Tchaikowsky's method of suicide).

We probably got a LOT of things that our bodies need from living like normal, pre-1800s humans.

I'm not trying to denigrate the health advances that have come from sanitation, plumbing, and other advances, but sometimes we have to consider things that were beneficial, and that we've forgotten all about.

(A couple side notes -- some doctors are restoring the internal bacterial environment in people who've had antibiotics or radiation therapy, or other things destroy their normal bacterial environment by transferring some of the nicely pulverized stool of people with healthy systems in a tasty (?) drink. Dozens of years ago, when I had a medical word processing business, one of my clients wrote papers on what he called Urotherapy - beneficial components of urine that helped with certain ailments).

In some ways, we may eventually have to consider where we came from, and that our systems evolved in ways that may have been healthier for us centuries ago than it is now.

Well I work for a local water and SEWER authority so I guess I should be primed for just about anything.

Latest posts

Back