Walked half-marathon in Las Vegas

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DebbyA

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
My husband, a friend and I walked the half-marathon at the Rock'n'roll Las Vegas event. I was at the end of about every category, but finished on time and without injury.
I've never done anything like this before.

Debby, that is amazing. Congratulations! I hope that someday I'm able to do that too.

Last edited:
Congratulations Debby, doesn't matter where you finish, the fact that you did it is what's important. Well done.

My husband, a friend and I walked the half-marathon at the Rock'n'roll Las Vegas event. I was at the end of about every category, but finished on time and without injury.
I've never done anything like this before.

good stuff Debby, keep at it.

Never too old to start on a fitness regime! I do recommend more frequent and careful training. You simply don't want any injury, as that's a setback.

well done!

Pellicle--I didn't mean I never exercise, just never participated in an event. We followed the 14-week training program based on Hal Higdon's--our friend has used it successfully quite a few times.

Everyone, thank you!

Congratulations! I hope you enjoyed it, and find another event to train for...they are great motivators!

That's a great accomplishment, congratulations on finishing. It doesn't matter if you're first or last, you were out there, you did it and as I always say "I finished Vertically". Just don't stop walking now, it's very important to keep on moving at any pace or any distance. Personally, it has taken me somewhere between 5 & 6 years to quit being angry with myself for being slower than I used to be, but I accept it now, abeit a little grudingly.

Back