Vocation........

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

joey

Hi , sorry guys and that includes all the good ladies I'm back with more questions I must make a decision very soon regarding my valve replacement tissue or machanical. I travel many times a year. How does one cope with nose bleeding and the soiling of the bedding in hotels and friends homes. ?????

Joey

Hi Joey-

I wouldn't think hotel linen would be a problem. I would certainly hope they do their laundry in a similar fashion to what hospitals do, too many germs and nasties to pass on there.

I've found that when my Joe has some little pimples that bleed or larger areas after minor surgery, or minor injuries, for example, blood is one of the hardest things to get out. If you have white sheets, you can always bleach them, but with colors, it's a BIG problem. Peroxide helps a little, but doesn't get it all out, and even the special laundry items don't work. Maybe you could bring your own pillow and sheets when visiting friends, if you're prone to nosebleeds. It could also bleed through onto the matress.

I don't have a good answer to the friends situation.

Joey this is kind of trivial. Unless you have alot of bleeding all the time, you aren't going to experience anything worse then you have already. Really, you'll be fine. If you still fear this then follow Nancy's advice about taking your own sheets etc.

I think if you were bleeding so often that you had to factor this level of preparation into your life, that's a signal that something is wrong with your level of anticoagulation. If you're stable, well-controlled, and don't have nosebleeds beforehand, I would not give this too much worry. Perhaps I am reading too much into what your concerns are, but the bleeding events aren't really that common (at least in my experience).

Latest posts

Back