Vitamin K question

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

art

While searching for information about vitamin K, I found

menadione, a synthetic form of vitamin K present in animal feed.

Q.1 Will I now have to monitor my meat intake as well as the veg.
Q.2 How long does it take your body to extract vitamin K from food

Art don't even start getting involved in watching Vit K intake. That is the exact opposite of what we teach around here. Dose the diet that you eat, do not diet the dose of the drug. Plain and simple, eat like you always have, including dark leafy greens, if you normally do that, and the dose will be adjusted for that diet.

If you try to do what your thinking about right now, your only going to be one unhappy, frustrated, human being. Your INR will be all over the place and you'll never be able to figure out why.

With all due respect ..................

With all due respect ..................

just dose your diet, eat what you want and enjoy your heart healthy meals. In France I imagine the variety is fantastic.;)

Otherwise I can't answer your questions.

Ross Lance Thanks for your very sane answers
and yes the food is great here and 5 to 10 § will get you a good bottle of wine

Trust me someone very close to me was on comudain for over 10 years and he ate salads every single day....they just adjusted his dose.

Don't worry about Vit K content in foods. If you eat a normal diet that includes foods with vit K, everything evens out. Like we all say...."dose the diet...don't diet the dose". You will go crazy and have a very limited diet if you over manage your vit K intake. Vit K is really not a big deal.

You are over thinking this way too much. Joe was on Coumadin for years and years. He ate whatever he liked, and didn't go overboard on anything particular. It all works out.

Just eat your normal diet.

Back