Varicose-veins

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

art

What is the procedure for the removal of a varicose vein while taking anticoagulants

Art:

Wish I knew the answer to that.

My sister had varicose vein surgery as an outpatient procedure in July 2009 and the day after was diagnosed with a clot in her leg. She was immediately put on warfarin & is still on warfarin. When I see her later this week, will ask her to find out what would be the protocol for have the same surgery while on warfarin.

I believe a vascular surgeon did her procedure.

Does anyone have an answer or input to this topic? After a duplex ultrasound with reflux test, I've pretty sure I'm about to be diagnosed with Superficial Venous Insufficiency. Apparently a valve in one of my "connector" veins - between the superficial and the deep vein - has given up the ghost. My symptoms are swelling the left ankle and lower leg. I do not have varicose veins (yet?) but the treatment appears to be the same. The test-tech gave me a brochure for "Venefit" a targeted endovenous therapy.

Thanks!
-Meredith

Back