Vancouver Marathon

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Wagner

Hi Everyone,

It has been awhile but your all often in my thoughts.

Back in July, I ran the Seafair Marathon, and attempted to keep up the training pace after the marathon, at the same level a month prior to it without rest in between. ... My knees started talking to me, and suggested I befriend a physical therapist! Well .... 2 months later; lesson learned.

Currently, I am getting ready to officially start training on January 8th for the Vancouver Marathon, to be held on May 7th. This will be my 5th post valve surgery marathon. It is pretty exciting, because my sister and brother are both going to run their first marathon the same day with me. To top that off, my wife, and a friend of the family, and (possibly) my 70 year old mother are going to walk the half-marathon. In addition a close friend I grew up with and his wife have commited to running the half! What kick. The rest of the family will be on hand to support us.

This time around I have set a goal of 4:15 or less. I have on paper an intermediate training program. Basically the same program I have run prior, but more long runs than I have done in past, with some speed work thrown in. I am not fast. 4:29 is my PR. Let's face it; I am not getting any younger; so this may really be my last shot at my goal time. I'll be happy where ever I end up though... As long as my sister is behind me!! That girl has me worried. :eek: :D

I hope everyone is doing okay these days. Keep it up and remember my motto .... "Quitting is not an option."

Mark

PS If anyone has heard from Les, please send me a PM. If you hear from him, tell him I said hello. Thanks.

Hey, Mark, nice to see you and know you are still runnin. Sorry about the knees but glad you are on top of it. Sounds like you are recruitin the troops, including your mother!

Wishing you luck in your run.

I will email this thread to Les.

Glad you posted Mark!
I always feel a renewed sense of "I can do this" when I read your posts.:)

Back