Valvuloplasty scheduled on Oct. 31st

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dawn-Marie

Hi everyone ~ Dr. Ferraro's office called me today and said he is going to do the Valvuloplasty on me on Oct. 31st (Halloween). He has told me he is not at all sure he will be able to get my valve open all that much and that my aortic valve is so calcified i have a good chance of having a major stroke during the Valvuloplasty. I'm not at all sure it's the right thing to do as a major stroke on top of already being a quadriplegic would not be a good thing. I wouldn't be able to live independently anymore and that terrifies me! I would rather have given the surgery a shot and either lived or died than end up paralyzed more, but Dr. Strzalka won't do the surgery. I guess i'll just have to have faith that it will work as i need to get this done (as i've said previously) so i can have a surgery i need, and also so if they open up the percutaneous aortic valve study to include bicuspid aortic valves, i will still be alive to have the surgery (as they don't expect me to live long enough to have the percutaneous aortic valve if i don't have the Valvuloplasty).

I thought it was outpatient surgery, but Dr. Ferraro's secretary said they will keep me in the hospital two days.

I would appreciate it if you would say some prayers for me to get through this Valvuloplasty without any major complications and also for the surgery to work well and open up my valve.

Thank you so very much!

Dawn-Marie

Dawn-Marie, I am so happy that they have agreed to do the Valvuloplasty and you will surely be in all our prayers and hearts. I will put it on the calendar. Hugs and prayers coming your way!

Dear Dawn,

I am overwhelmed with emotion to read your post! Remember when we talked last I said, "you've got to take this one-step at a time" & this is your first step Dawn. Every night I've been praying so hard that something, anything will become available for you. This is your chance! This is your first step. :)

I know that the next two weeks will be absolutely the longest two weeks in history for you but we're all here to try to help you through the wait.

Stay focused my friend & try not to give in to your fears.....you are going to make it, I feel that in my heart of hearts!

For now, have a good evening & try be calm about things. I'll call you this weekend! :)

Love,
Norma

Best wishes for a successful and uneventful valvuloplasty. Hope to see you back here
soon afterwards..

Nupur

I am so happy to read this. Finally someone is willing to help you. You will be in my prayers until you tell us all that you are safe.

havefaith.gif

YES DAWN WE WILL PRAY AND DO EVERYDAY FOR YOU

I'VE DEFINATELY PRAYED FOR A START FOR YOU.

I"M SO HAPPY FOR YOU .........ALWAYS ON MY MIND
AND PRAYERS.:):)

zipper2 (DEB)

Dear Dawn Marie, Like all too many of our friends, you are always in my prayers. I will be sending lots of strength your way on Halloween!. I tend to lurk around here, not posting that often, but I have read many of your posts. I want to thank you for sticking around, and for making them so warm and supportive. Brian

I'm sure your IC's will take every possible step they can to mitigate the odds of having complications. I keep you at the top of my thoughts, always, Dawn-Marie and will continue to think positive ones on your behalf.

Take Heart, two weeks will fly (it's already tomorrow!).
Pamela.

Thoughts, prayers, and hugs to you Dawn Marie. Best wishes for a successful outcome.

Hi everyone ~ Thank you all very much for keeping me in your prayers. Yes, it is good that finally someone is willing to try to help me. Dr. Ferraro is originally from Cleveland Clinic and the Valvuloplasty is one of his specialties, so i'll have a good doctor. If it opens my valve enough, at least i'll be able to try the percutaneous aortic valve if/when it opens up to include the bicuspid aortic valves. Thank you again everyone! Dawn-Marie

Latest posts

Back