Valve replacement blogs

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ambriz

I was just reading someone's valve replacement blog and find it really helpful reading the experiences. I just found the one I'm reading in someone's siggy (tracylynnphilips)

I'm posting this thread hoping anyone else with a blog online might post their link.
Thanks!

Hi, Ambriz-
I'm glad you like my blog. It's been a great tool for communicating what my experience is especially with friends/family who know nothing about VR and what it entails.
I worry blogging while the "wounds" are still fresh might discourage someone who is looking forward to a future AVR, because recovery is not always butterflies and cupcakes. But I want to be honest and have found it very therapeutic for myself to capture what I was feeling at that exact moment.

Some folks do better with minimal info. Others want to know all the gory details of what to expect (I'm that type). I just don't want to create any unnecessary worry for anyone.

I know that the hurts do fade and I am looking forward to those days too when the healing is done and life is moving along with more vigor and vim than ever!

Good luck with your own journey and let me know if I can support you in that journey.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link, I clicked the one for the blogs but it says I don't have permission to view that page. Should I pm admin?

Thanks for the link, I clicked the one for the blogs but it says I don't have permission to view that page. Should I pm admin?

I'm not sure if you have to be a paid member to READ the blogs or just start your own here. You could pm Admin or even post in the technical forum and someone else might be able to help you

If you are mainly interested in blogs following someone OHS journey from before to after, I don't think many of the blogs here are that kind of blog. Most people either use Caringbridge.org or carepages.com which are free sites for anyone going thru medical problems, but some people start their blogs on other places that have blogs (google wordpress etc.). IF you search here for caringbridge or carepages, you should find some of the links people give, but it would take a while. I did just find Cheryl's who shared it here before her surgery http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/cherielayton so hopefully she doesn't mind me posting it again.

My son's site is in my link, but its been going on for 7 years and a couple caths or surgeries now. So if you want to read it but skip in between surgeries, the OHS, he had since the site was started were May 2 05 and june 19th 07. So you could read a little before and after thos dates to get an idea when he was able to do when.

I've often thought it would be a good idea to have a sticky that people can post their own surgery related site to a list, if they don't mind having it so easy for the public to see. (maybe it could be set to private like the toots forum) So people can find them easily if they want to read the day to day or hour to hour progress.

BTW I REALLY think it is a great idea to start a blog if you are having surgery if only to make it easy to update family and friends. Since Justin had a few surgeries before sites (or computers lol) were available, it is just so much nicer being able to type a quick update instead of having to call everyone or worse yet, constantly be getting calls (usually when Someone is just falling asleep) to let everyone know how things are. As the family member I rather spend the time helping Justin, walking the halls etc instead of always being on the phone, saying the same things over and over.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back