Valve repair went great

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

Travler

Hi friends,

This is Maurine, wife of John (aka Travler), with a heartful of praise for a great surgeon and God's touch.

John had his surgery this morning and Dr. Craver was able to repair the mitral valve and there is no leaking!! We are so happy that they didn't have to replace the valve.

He is right on schedule, breathing tube out and still in ICU for observation tonight. He is having pain but hopefully they will medicate enough him so he can rest. Tomorrow he should be moved to a regular room.

Thanks to each of you for your thoughts and prayers for this successful surgery. We appreciate each of your responses of counsel and experiences you or your family member had. It has contributed to John being ready to face not just the surgery but the recovery time with a really positive attitude.

WONDERFUL NEWS Maurine.

A Positive Attitude is the Best Medicine for a successful recovery.

Your support and assistance will be especially helpful during the first week or two. If he is a bit 'crotchety' or doesn't take food kindly, don't take that personally. I am told I was 'difficult' following my first surgery.
It will pass.

Remember the adage:

Walk, Walk, Walk, Nap, Nap, Nap, Breathe, Breathe, Breathe.

Naps are good for the caretaker as well as the patient.

Best Wishes for a smooth recovery.

'AL'

Excellent! That's great news! Very very fortunate they could repair his Mitral valve. I told my surgeon if he did not think he could repair my valve without a post op leak......to replace it. As he did. Turns out it was way far beyond the repair mode.

I met a woman my age in at the same time with a mitral repair. She was regurgitating at a 2+ directly after surgery. Made my decision at the time that much easier. It's a tough call. Where did your husband have his surgery in TN? I was in Memphis at the time. Almost four years now.

Speedy recovery. Wishing you all the best.

Wonderful news,

He has reached the top of the mountain.

We all are praying for a complete and speedy recovery.

The worst is over-waiting.

Best wishes

Bill

YES INDEED!

YES INDEED!

Outstanding news about John, thanks Maurine for posting the update for us. If he is in pain, I'm sure they'll see to it that he is comfortable.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

What wonderful news, Maurine....please give him our best and let him know he is in our prayers for a super recovery......

Evelyn and Tyce

Thank you, Maurine - we are always anxious til we find out our own is over the mountain safely.

John, welcome to the best side of the mountain and congratulations on successful repair. Just keep on doing as well as you are right now and you will be in fine fettle in a quick while. God bless

Hi Maurine-

This is wonderful news. The worst is behind you. It'll be a little healing time for both of you. You take a little nap right along with your hubbie. You've been through a great deal of stress also.

Congratulations on a successful repair.

Great news!

Great news!

How wonderful that they were able to do a repair!

I had the same thing done in May, and was very relieved when I came to and heard that they'd been able to do a repair instead of a replacement.

John may need to be on Coumadin for a short time, especially if they used an annuloplasty ring for the repair, I was on it for 8 weeks, but that's much better than having to be on it for life.

Your husband will have some pain for a little while, but tell him that the time will go quickly, and he'll be feeling great! It's been nearly 4 months for me, I'm off ALL medication, have virtually no pain, and if it weren't for this lovely scar down my chest, I could almost forget I went through the entire ordeal.

Have a speedy recovery John!

hi maurine and john!
thank you for letting us know that john came through ok.
please let him know that we are all thinking of him and look forward to hearing all about.
as everyone said, please try and get lots of rest (you too, maurine) and use tons of pillows to stay comfy in bed. also, walking a little each day helps a lot.
please keep us up to date on john's recovery.
wishing you a speedy one. be well, sylvia

Latest posts

Back