Update On Prothesis Mismatch, Health Status

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karen14

:) Hi everyone!
Just wanted to let all of you wonderful people know how I'm doing lately. First off I now have an appointment June 8 to go over tests taken and talk about a re-do surgery. I had put it off only due to fear, but have now come to terms with it & will not cancel again. Is amazing how my mind talked me out of going to this very important appointment, as I'm usually one to face things head on. It's just that the first surgery was very traumatic for me personally, and I've had a lot of anger that it is in fact a mismatch. But I've decided to face this and do what I need to do (like it or not). And I must add many thanks to people on this forum who've encouraged me!

However, the good news is that I did very well on my stress test. Not bad for someone who's still sick and tired all the time, lol. I even lasted through to the end of the test. And the fact that my doctor's office called to tell me this fact, plus not rushing my appointment, makes me feel very good... like that I'm not in "danger" so-to-speak. Whew! But even though I did well on the stress test, my doctor is still concerned about a couple of spots on the aorta itself, plus of course the prothesis mismatch in general.

So I've just been hanging out, reading & sharing on some posts... trying to support others right now. I will be getting my echo on CD, hopefully sooner than later, and plan to post it here for feedback. I love this forum, and have even bragged about it to my doctor, lol. Anyway, praying good health for all of us! ~Karen

Best wishes, Karen. Traumatic could describe how I felt about my valve replacement also.
Hoping the news in June will be much better than you expected :)

Latest posts

Back