Update on Joe

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good News!

Joe has been approved to try a new medication for pulmonary hypertension called Tracleer. It could start tomorrow, if it arrives at the hospital. Although it won't cure the problem, it will help tremendously with the severity of the condition and will allow Joe to be able to tolerate a much more active life and also help him to stay out of the hospital. He'll have to be monitored carefully because it can cause liver problems, so hopefully his system will tolerate it.

Several things have improved. His anemia is much better and holding thanks to Procrit (epogen) injections 3 times a week. His renal function is better and they are able to give him more Lasix. His fluid retention was a problem, but that should improve. His lungs are improving and he's not on oxygen and is at about a 94-95 on the oximeter. His blood pressure is better.

So if everything is OK with the start of this new drug, he'll be home in a couple of days.

It's amazing. What a long journey. Thank you all for your kind words, thoughts and prayers.

I especially want to thank all the doctors and nurses at Albany Medical Center Heart Institute. They have been outstanding.

Nancy, sounds like things are getting better for Joe. Hopefully things will continue to improve. It's good to hear that he might be home in a few days. Take care. You and Joe are certainly in my prayers each night.

Thank God things are finally on an up swing. You both have been through so much. Take some time to take care of yourself. I'll continue to pray for you both. Peggy

Prayers for Joe

Prayers for Joe

Joe is such a lucky man to have you in his corner. I can just wish and pray my hubby will be half as good. I will pray for you both

dear nancy, my love and best wishes are being sent to you and joe across the pond.i sincerely hope that Joe recovers his old self, and that you canfind the strength to pull you rselves through more deifficult times..Thinking of you..
love debs xxx

Hi Nancy

I'm so relieved that Joe is feeling much better and hopefully will be home soon!!! We check for your updates daily, and this one was the best!!! You're still in our prayers.

Evelyn

Whew Nancy....this one was close. Such good news about the new med, since he needed to get approval, and of course the cost is quite high! Hooray for Joe and Nancy! Life, in all of its interesting forms, just keeps on marching!

Marybeth

wow nancy!
sounds like joe has finally turned the corner? i hope this new med works and does the trick.
i pray that all will continue to improve and that you can take joe home this week.
thank you so much for making the time to keep us up to date on joe's condition. you must be so exhausted.
please try and get some rest.
wishing you all the best, sylvia

Hi Nancy,

Pulling for Joe as always. I will be praying for success with his new medication. And, a speedy recovery/return home.

Take care...

Great news, Nancy. I hope my wife takes care of me a fraction of what you're doing for Joe. (On the other hand, she'll probably just give me big kick and tell me to get up off my lazy ARSS!!:D :( )

Back