update on 2nd ohs

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundsgirl

Hey gang,
Hope all is going well with each of you. I wanted to update my last post. I had my open heart surgery on March 13. The surgery went good. He made my aortic root bigger and put in a on x mech. valve size 23. I came out of surgery and I was doing really good. all but the pain, which I knew was coming. Went with the mechanical valve after they did colonoscopy, the diverticula was a risk he felt it was time to take. To quote him the heart trumps everything, who can agrue with that, plus he explained that each surgery is risker and here I am with 2 OHS at the young, lol, age of 45. Ok so moving alone smoothly, THEN they rushed into the room around 3 am, when i say rushed i mean rushed. Apparently I had gone into 3rd degree heart block, so they quicky put a tempory pace maker in this was 4 days after my surgery. Well it never started working again, so on Mon, leaving me 100% on reliant on pace maker. I got me a permanent pace maker, needless to say I wasn't prepared for all of that. Lord help me with the INR stuff.... I went to the dr today, not my sugeon but the one here in town, and here's the thing the first two weeks I was doing good. The last two weeks I have been hurting bad, short of breath. So they think I may have some swelling and irritation in there so I go for an echo tomorrow morning. Any body ever experience this where the pain got worse instead of better. BIG HUGS TO ALL OF YOU!!!

I am sooo sooo sorry for all of your troubles...I can't relate as I have not had OHS YET..I do know how major surgery post op & recovery can be horrible - My immediate post op with kidney donation ended me in ICU with some very serious problems & my recovery was difficult for at least one year which included so many scans & testing & testing....Only because of that nephrectomy surgery can I somewhat relate....You have my support...

Very respectfully & with much care
Debbie

Latest posts

Back