Upcoming races

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mntbiker

Well my race season didn't get off to the start I was hoping for. The first race series was a time trial held over three months, I had to DNF the first race due to a mechanical problem and skipped the second due to weather so didn't do the third, it didn't make sense. The first endurance race of the season had a conflict with an activity for the kids so of course the kids come first.

But finally a race looms on the horizon. It has been paid for, put on the calender and stamped with the wife approval. 5/3 is the first endurance race I will be doing this season. I will be racing 6 hour solo and I may do it on the single speed. Hopefully it will be a better showing then my last race.

I will also be doing an adventure race in June. I can't wait, I have been wanting to do one of these for a while. It is a paddle, bike, run with a couple of undisclosed challenges. It is done in teams of three but you have to work together. I am doing this race to celebrate my two year anniversary with the new valve.

I have two more endurance races planned, one in September and the other in October, it looks like that is all I will be doing this year. I may do a 5k run that is held at a park near my house for July 4th but nothing else planned.

Just thought I would check in and share. Take care all, until my race report in two weeks.

Good luck on 5/3. :) Recovery and valversary goals are always a plus! Share pictures, I love pictures.

Need a challenge?

Need a challenge?

It's great to hear you're setting goals and doing the race thing. I'm not into racing, but have several event rides planned this summer.

If you want a challenge, check out the Bob Cook Memorial Mt. Evans Hillclimb here in Colorado (bicyclerace.com).

One of my teachers (a former Olympic cyclist) used to train with Bob Cook. The pro riders who do the hill climb typically do the 27 mile course in less than two hours.

-Philip

Latest posts

Back