Unexplained phenomenon - Has it happened to you?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can relate...

I can relate...

Now I didnt know what to think about that, nor do I know anything about horse racing - I never even put a bet on before!. To cut a long story short in Australia we have a horse race called 'The Melbourne Cup' and before it was even announced what the horses names were I was telling everybody I knew about the advice I was given in my dream - must have been over 50 people!!!. You can imagine the looks on their faces and the grin on my face when the names of the horses were released into the media. The only horse in the race 'whose own name means strength' was called "Might and Power". Surely enough many people I had told were placing bets on it and I placed a mere $5 on it to win (Im not a gambling man but what the heck). I didnt even watch the horse race when it was on. All I can remember is coming home after work and my answering machine had several messages on it - Beep... 'You little beauty!' 'How the hell???' 'I just won $800!' 'Tell me the lottery numbers!' hahahaha... surely enough Might and Power won the race :)

We have the Kentucky Derby here and the night before when the guys had all their tout sheets lining the tables and floors studying which horse would win - I couldn't be bothered. That night I had a dream........and I 'saw' horse #3 pulling ahead at the midpoint and kept opening space between himself and the rest of the field. At the finish line, yep horse #3 won. End of dream. Next day, at Churchill Downs and the Derby when we were all going down to place our bets, I put $50 on horse #3 to WIN....... Friend behind me in line says, "Janie, never put all your bet on one horse"...and I just smiled. Long story short, I put over $800 in my pocket and so did my girlfriend who believed me. BTW, I still have all those mint julep glasses somewhere...:D

I was intubated in the non-OHS surgery i had. I remember hearing the doctors' conversations and it was very much like I was completely paralyzed. They commented on how heavy I was to lift, and how sweaty I was. I remember retorting in my head that I was sweaty cause I had a freaking tube in my throat. It was kind of similar to the movie "Awake", but I wasn't aware of the surgery and the doctor wasn't trying to kill me.

Sorry guys, been busy of late. You know what I've noticed moreso now more than ever before? I cant seem to recall any dreams? :confused: When I do I get a serious case of deja vu lol. Sometimes I feel like I'm going crazy but I know I'm not if you know what I mean :eek:

Thanks Oaktree, this means a lot to me to get it off my chest as it feels kind of liberating talking about it. When I was 19 years old my sister was renting a house with a couple of girlfriends. I can remember all girls saying that at night they can hear footsteps in the hallway in the dead of night. It got to the stage that all 3 girls huddled together in the one bedroom and were too afraid to sleep alone at night as it was a nightly haunt that terrified them to the point of not wanting to stay there anymore :eek: My sister and her friends asked me to come over and see whether I could pick up on anything or at least sleep in the house in the loungeroom overnight to experience it. So being a young and brave 19 year old male I did!.... with my mates of course lol. The first time I visited the house I didnt feel quite right about it especially after what the girls have said but I thought I would check it out with some of my friends whilst the girls hit the town before we did. It was early evening when my mates and I were playing a board game on the carpet in the middle of the loungeroom floor - there were four of us males aged 19-22 with myself and Peter facing toward my sisters bedroom door and the other 2 guys Shane and Ty with their backs to the bedroom door (her bedroom door was just off the living room). We carried on and laughed and joked about normal stuff when both Peter and I froze at the same time - The light in my sisters room turned on and then off on its own accord. Shane and Ty who had their backs to the bedroom door turned around but the light was off by that time. My heart began to pace faster as we all stood up to investigate the bedroom. Shane who was the eldest thought it was a joke and walked straight into the room and turned the light on. The moment I stepped inside I felt a very cold and sickening sensation. I could hear a woman quite emotionally crying/sobbing in the corner of the bedroom mumbling something that I couldnt quite make out... but there was nobody in the room. I could sense that she was frightened and couped up in the corner in the dark like a scared child. No one else could hear anything other than just experience an eerie cold feeling inside the room. The feeling was so strong that I walked out of the house immediately and said let's go. We all left and hit the town. A few hours later Shane, the eldest, had a few liquid courages and said he was going back early to sleep in the loungeroom. He was handed the key and off he went alone to go back to the house. About an hour later I returned home with the rest of the boys and girls. As we pulled up outside the front doors burst open and Shane ran outside in sheer terror screaming. :eek: 'DO NOT GO IN THERE!!" "THERE IS SOMETHING INSIDE THE HOUSE!!!" :eek: I can remember walking slowly toward the front door and gently opening it. Shane was right.... I can feel something was inside the house that I didnt pick up on before.... and it didnt want us there. The girls swore never to go in the house again but I told them to sleep in the front bedroom where they always sleep in as I take watch in the loungeroom alone. They were too frightened for me but I had to find out why I was experiencing what I was inside the house. It was late evening at the time and the girls went to bed.... I was in the loungeroom by myself and switched off the light as I lay on the loungeroom floor with a pillow and a blanket. I cannot recall the timebecause I never looked, but I was awoken in the dead of night in a quiet and eerie cold feeling - something was definitely in the loungeroom with me. :eek: I slowly stood up and sat on the lounge facing another lounge on the opposite side of the room. Something was directly opposite me either in front or in the other lounge... it was still pitch black but I knew it was there. I was scared shitless, my heart pounding through my chest! I felt like a fish out of water and that I shouldnt be there. I spoke.... "You are not welcome here", "You dont belong here", "You must move on and leave"... I was shivering like I've never shivered before. Then the feeling disappeared... it was gone. I couldnt wait to run back to my makeshift bed on the loungeroom floor and get under covers so I did. Tucked my head into the pillow and pulled the blanket up against my face..... .......... and then it began! [I'm getting goose pimples and cold shivers as I write this]. An explosion of curses and threats screamed at me from an extremely angry and volatile male within a foot away from my face. It was deafening and I could feel the pulses in the air in front of me. He was yelling and screaming at me to get out of his f*cken house and calling me c*nt and every other obsenity. This male was very aggressive and very determined to drive me out of there. I have never been so scared in my life and never have been since :eek: I kept whispering 'you are not welcome here', 'you are dead', 'leave us alone' etc and heard the sound of him punching walls and throwing things around the house still cursing and angry that we were in 'his house'. After a few minutes it died down and I got the feeling that he was in the back room or kitchen calming down and in repent, talking to himself. I willed myself to go to sleep... and I did. At the break of dawn I heard one of the girls awake and go to the bathroom and return to bed. Next thing I know it was daylight and I saton the lounge where I had sat just hours earlier looking across the room. One of the girls came out and said that she didnt hear any footsteps at all that night... I was unsure whether to tell her what I had experienced in fear of being ridiculed or not taken seriously. At that time the other 2 girls came inside the room and I aksed whether they heard anytihng during the night and they all said it was the first night they slept completely through without being awoken by footspteps in the hallway. When they asked me what had happened I told them... I dont know why I was hesitant at first but after what they had been through in previous nights they absorbed my every word. They never had a reoccurance of strange footsteps in the middle of the night and my sisters bedroom never had the eerie cold feeling ever again. I am not sure of what the story was or how the woman in the corner of the bedroom fit into it exactly, but from what I had gathered was that he was a very violent man. He used to beat up on his girlfriend/wife? and she would go to that room to seek solace in the corner, hoping that he didnt walk in and abuse her during one of his fits of rage. I do not know if she left him or passed away as a result, but what I do know is that he loved her, and that she was gone, and that he never forgave himself for the things he had done to her. Whether he took his own life in that house or not I do not know... but whatever happened that night in the loungeroom it released him or the house from torment. Perhaps he wanted somebody to know that he was sorry for the things he had done? perhaps the house had an untold story to tell? perhaps it was the woman with the story to tell? Maybe he couldnt live with the fact that he was to blame? I do not know? When the girls finally moved out of the house I couldnt feel a thing other than a sense of peace, like the house was greatful for its deliverance??? does that make sense??? I cant make out what to think but even to this day I suppose I still have questions in my mind about it. That my friends still sends shivers down my spine everytime I think about the sudden burst of energy and outrage whilst laying on the floor. Thankyou for letting me share this with you [and no, I have never been accused of being crazy or not of sound mind EVER!] lol.

That's indeed an intimidatingly long paragraph to read.

Just my opinion, but I think on this subject, folks may be most interested in reading about unusual or paranormal experiences that occurred in connection with heart surgery. I haven't read that paragraph word for word, so maybe it is about that. Doesn't appear to be though.

I am often too wordy myself so I am not meaning to be judgmental. Would help to break into shorter paragraphs.

This is not related to a surgery, but I have to tell it... Something I experienced firsthand and always tell to prove that there are some things that we just can't explain. I was at a conference in Thailand and met daily in the mornings with a small group that included a lovely englishwoman. One morning we all came downstairs as usual and this lady, Sylvia, was upset. She said that she knew that her brother had died the previous night in England in a car accident. The members of our group tried to reassure her, saying that dreams can produce strange feelings and that we were sure everything was fine. She remained completely convinced that it had happened, even giving some details about the accident. Around lunchtime the telegram arrived informing her of what she already knew--that her brother had died in England the previous night in a car accident. Even though I'm a skeptic by nature, since then I've been forced to acknowledge that science cannot explain everything.

I must say in regards of Roberts post, for a 19 year old you had a strong head on your shoulders. There would be no way in hell could I tell a ghost "to leave.....not wanted here" or any other kind of comments.
I'd be more like your friends and high-tail-it out of there.

How long ago was this??

I dont get it in regard to people's comments above. Why would someone not read the above story and then leave a comment stating that they didnt read it? You dont see me going through each thread in this forum writing 'I didnt read this because its too long or not written in paragraphs' do you? lol :p . I am a very quick typist and the story flowed through my fingers just as quick as my mind was saying it. :D

Hi Freddie, that happened when I was 19, 3 years after my first operation and was about after the third operation. I am 34 years old now and surgery-free for the past 7 years (touch wood). I rarely get any wierd and wonderful experiences like the above nowadays however some extreme cases of deja vu and knowing things past, present and future without actually understanding how I know will come and go during times of emotional highs and lows.

Sometimes telling people the truth about my experiences whilst in hospital might be harder for them to believe and come to grips with than the actual strange occurances hahahaha. Still, I just tell it as I know it to be true and have had other people with me to bare witness to the fact. I'm not trying to convince people of anything, but writing up my experiences (in paragraphs now) for those who wish to read them, as I have read and appreciate each of theirs in this thread.

I've been through too much and seen too many things in just one lifetime that I wouldnt wish anybody to go through. The hardest things to learn to cope with is the flashbacks of being back in hospital. Small precious seconds that could have been my last but I pulled through to remember them. One in particular will haunt me to my dieng day... I woke up in intensive care with a nurse at the foot of my bed keeping watch and taking my obs. I smiled at her then felt a funny sensation in my chest... I looked down in time to catch glimpse of bright red blood gushing down through the drain tubes coming out of my belly.... the monitors sounded loudly behind my head and the alarm in the nurses quarters could be heard down the hall... the look of despair on the young nurse's face telling me that I'm going to be OK whilst she runs to the doors... the sound of several pairs of shoes running in the corridors as a handful of nurses rushed to my bedside.... the creamy yellow air bubble in the nurses hands whilst she placed the mouthpiece into my mouth and pumped air into me.... the sound of nurses yelling out to eachother organising for a doctor and preparing things for the surgery room... then a fade to black.

I was in intensive care for days to repair major internal haemoragging one after the other even after the heart surgery was over. It was a very difficult time for my parents and being a parent myself now I can understand how my mother got her grey streaks at the time lol.

From fade to black my next memory was a split second vision of an apricot,creamy coloured surrounding. In the front left hand corner I can see an image of the same figure I spoke about in my first post - the image of somebody with long draping clothing to the floor and over their head. This time they had their hands out toward me. The vision startled me and I woke up in intensive care again. I could not speak to tell anybody as I had the tube in my mouth. I dont know what the image meant - whether calling me in or setting me free, but it is burnt into my memory today and as vivid and detailed as the split moment in time I saw it just before I awoke.

It was a time I would rather forget but I cant. When you spend so much time in hospital you become part of the furniture and see the world through the ward's eyes. Once I remember whilst in ICU I was placed in a room of 4 people. I watched the old lady across from me look me in the eye, remove her oxygen mask and draw her last living breathe before she peacefully closed her eyes and lay her head on the pillow a second before her monitors sounded; I watched the man next to her the day later get his chest opened up in front of me and have his heart massaged to bring him back into rythm but to no avail; and I have had the honour to meet some wonderful and beautiful people come into hospital but never leave. It was not all dark and gloomy though, as on a few ocassions I would be in and out of hospital within a couple of weeks and not experience any of the above at all.

I tell the above as it was witnessed through my eyes, and my body the parchment that it was written onto... but my face and disposition gives no indication of the struggle within to see this war through.

I started to write things down years ago but gave up because somewhere between my mind and fingers it gets lost in translation hahaha. I dont mean to scare people about some of the things they might go through, whether it be the cause and effect of medication, genuine spiritual or paranormal experiences, or your mind just playing tricks on you, but when hey seem as real as the last breathe you took just a second ago you cant dismiss them. I dont know, maybe I am crazy... but I'm still alive to talk about my crazy experiences lol...

I dont get it in regard to people's comments above. Why would someone not read the above story and then leave a comment stating that they didnt read it? You dont see me going through each thread in this forum writing 'I didnt read this because its too long or not written in paragraphs' do you? lol :p . I am a very quick typist and the story flowed through my fingers just as quick as my mind was saying it. :D

Well you got it down and that's fine, but could you please go through and edit it into paragraphs? Anyone looking at it is immediately intimidated by it's size. It's not that it's not getting read, it would be easier broken down.

Just a curiosity question: It seems you are in Tucson, pretty much a shining light in open heart surgery. If you know, why did your doctor recommend Stanford?

Just wondering.

I was intubated in the non-OHS surgery i had. I remember hearing the doctors' conversations and it was very much like I was completely paralyzed. They commented on how heavy I was to lift, and how sweaty I was. I remember retorting in my head that I was sweaty cause I had a freaking tube in my throat. It was kind of similar to the movie "Awake", but I wasn't aware of the surgery and the doctor wasn't trying to kill me.
Just the opposite with me--I never even saw the OR. The last I remember was starting to be rolled in that direction--the first I remember afterward was waking up in ICU to the words, "It's over, it went very well." Couldn't have been easier--on me. My family, well, they had to be conscious through it all. :-(

Latest posts

Back