Tylenol for Arthritis with Warfarin?

Help Support ValveReplacement.org:

marciemarine

When I went to see the cardilogist for my 7 month post-op check, I asked him what I might take for the arthritis I have in the Achilles tendons in my feet. I am on Warfarin and he told me I could take Tylenol Arthritis. Is that a good idea? I tried some a couple of days ago and it makes the stiffness in my ankles some better and I'm able to walk better like the doctor would lke. I am just curious since I thought Tylenol is a no-no with Warfarin.

Marcie

njean

Premium Level
VR.org Supporter
Tylenol is fine especially if your doctor said it was okay to take. I've been on coumadin (warfarin) for 34 years & occasionally I will take a Tylenol or two for headache & arthritis also. :)

dick0236

Eat the elephant one bite at a time
VR.org Supporter
tylenol(acetaminophen)

tylenol(acetaminophen)

I have also taken warfarin a long time (40 years) after valve replacement. I often taken acetaminophen for pain, headache etc. Currently taking 2 to 4 500mg per day for degenerative disc pain. Docs advise taking no more than 3000 mg per day (for me). Acetaminophen is the generic for Tylemol and is a LOT cheaper. :)

Granbonny

Beloved Member
I have taken Tylenol almost everyday since my surgery 5 years ago..1 or 2..500mg...mainly for old ache pains.:p hardly ever have a headache...Just for sore muscles, ect..keep an ache in my left shoulder from driving, opening car door, ..and buckling in Grandchildren in their carseats..What a pain..but know..I have to reach over and get them buckled in....and son, the policeman..says I should even do it with my age 5 year old Grandson..He says they should be in car seats..no matter what age, weight..until they are older...so much safer for them..:) (booster for the older ones)..bonnie

Ross

Tylenol is the only pain reliever/fever reducer to use while on Coumadin. Safest anyhow. Doesnt' work for me though, so I go to the no no's.

Granbonny

Beloved Member
Ross

Ross

If Tylenol does not work for you..what are the No/NO's?:D Other than scripted pain pills?...Bonnie

Bina

Premium Level User
Yes, Tylenol (acetaminophen) is perfect with coumadin/warfarin.

Advil (ibuprofen) works well, but is NOT good with coumadin/warfarin.

Aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid) is NOT good with coumadin/warfarin except in prescribed therapeutic dosages.