Tyce's dizziness

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVELYN

Well, I wasn't sure where to post this, but here goes. (Rossman, if it's in the wrong forum, feel free to change it."

This morning Tyce (AVR 2002 St. Jude's mechanical) woke up lightheaded/dizziness/loss of balance. This has never happened before. We do have appointments with the cardio today, but I wanted your take on this first.

He's on Lisinopril, coreg, coumadin and hctz. This a.m. his bp was 120/82 and when we did a check on his INR it was a perfect 3.0. He ate breakfast and said he's feeling a bit better now. Knowing Tyce, I don't think this was just low blood sugar......hmmm.

Any opinions?

Evelyn

If it happens all the time, I'd worry, but if this is a first, I wouldn't get too uptight about it. Those meds alone can do that if he gets up too fast. I know I get that way if I get down on the floor and then stand up.

Evelyn, any SOB, pain, nausea, or sweating with it? Possibilities are postural hypotension, TIA, arrhythmia such as very rapid or very slow, or dehydration, just to name the first ones I think of. It could also be the onset of a viral infection or disorder in the ear. I think you are wise to have it checked and hopefully it ends up as just one of those weird things that sometimes happen.

Nope, no SOB, pain, nausea, sweating, or headache.....I'm not at the panic stage, but we are going to our cardio this afternoon and or pcp tomorrow afternoon......I thought of ears, too, but will guess that we'll find out tomorrow......of course, between this and the dog with diahrrea (now on flagyl) what a wonderful vaca. this will be......

(sigh)

Ev

I expect that going to his PCP first would be the appropriate response. Hopefully he will be able to sort out whether it is a drug reaction, inner ear effect (are his sinuses blocked?, any history of Meniere's syndrome?), or systemic problem.

FWIW, I am pretty sure my Cardio would be P.O.'ed if I went to him FIRST because I was dizzy. (They are VERY BUSY and only want to deal with true Heart Related issues).

'AL Capshaw'

Well, back from the cardio.....they're the best and said whenever we have a problem to just call and they'll fit him in. Did an ekg, checked bp, checked carotid sounds and will do an echo of carotids when we get back from vacation. Tyce did have some passing nausea, which is very odd for him, as is this lightheadedness......who knows.

We are going to the pcp tomorrow---I'd rather be safe than sorry, especially if we're leaving for vacation on Monday.

Ev

Latest posts

Back