Two questions

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tbone

Ok here goes. I ask these just to clear up my stats.

When you have a cath is one line 1 cath, or does the proceedure constitute as many lines as they need?

Also, When Cardioverted is it the full number of shocks that they have to use, or do you count each wave of current they would use?

I ask these questions to see just how my stats add up, either way they are still impresive.

If you are talking about an ablasion proceedure it is many caths. i have been told that cardioversion is each time the doc yells "clear" and hits the button counts as one shock. EP said that this can be done as many times as needed.

If you are talking about an ablasion proceedure it is many caths. i have been told that cardioversion is each time the doc yells "clear" and hits the button counts as one shock. EP said that this can be done as many times as needed.

I've had Ablations, had (many) cardioversions, and many caths. I repeat;
When you have a cath is one line 1 cath, or does the proceedure constitute as many lines as they need?

Also, When Cardioverted is it the full number of shocks that they have to use, or do you count each wave of current they would use?

Well I'll tell you of my experience, which isn't poop compared to yours, but they will use one cath in left, then right, then from the neck, but not all at the same time.

I had caths done on both right and left sides, but he only went in through the one artery; I asked because I wanted to know if I'd wake up with plugs both in my thigh and nearer my neck, but he said no--but I think one involved a vein and the other an artery? And, of course, maybe I imagined the whole thing; but I was pretty awake during the procedure and they talked about left side and right side.

Latest posts

Back